Gorehamj

GMC Launches AT4 Sierra Off-Road Performance Package

I said this poorly before. 

5.3 or 6.2. Difference to GM is the bore and stroke. Inlet pipe is actually cheaper to manufacture and the exhaust is a wash for them. It isn't like they are not saving on the parts they are not installing eh? So this is no cost to them and 5K to us? Really. But I guess that only works in a rational universe. :loser:

Oh thank God, I thought they meant the performance parts, intake/cat back, added $5,000 to the MSRP which I thought was a bit ridiculous. But that is including the entire AT4 package, not just the go-fast parts. Good to see GM doing what we all did anyway. Take the money away from the after market and give us what we want from the factory with full warranty and no complaining (they tell me to remove my AFE intake every time I go in there). 

So for essentially 5,000 dollars you get a package of parts that would cost at most on the street 2,000 dollars tops! Does this package cost include the 10 speed and 6.2 upgrade or is that a separate package and if yes then this is a complete rip off warranty and all!

On 12/17/2018 at 12:24 PM, RyanbabZ71 said:

emoji1361.png

What do you trust more car dealer or gas station burrito? I guess in this case you get the warranty with the parts.

Ryan B.

The sushi from the Quickie Mart.  

• Like 1

I said this poorly before. 

5.3 or 6.2. Difference to GM is the bore and stroke. Inlet pipe is actually cheaper to manufacture and the exhaust is a wash for them. It isn't like they are not saving on the parts they are not installing eh? So this is no cost to them and 5K to us? Really. But I guess that only works in a rational universe. :loser:

Fun fact:

The 5.3 and 6.2 engines both have the same stroke but there is a large difference in bore so the block is different and so are the heads. The $2900 or so to get the 6.2/10 speed over the 5.3 and 8 speed is well worth it IMO. You can skip the intake and exhaust if you like. The gains there are far less for the money then the engine/trans upgrade alone.

21 hours ago, lt1z said:

Fun fact:

The 5.3 and 6.2 engines both have the same stroke but there is a large difference in bore so the block is different and so are the heads. The $2900 or so to get the 6.2/10 speed over the 5.3 and 8 speed is well worth it IMO. You can skip the intake and exhaust if you like. The gains there are far less for the money then the engine/trans upgrade alone.

Blocks are the same...Bore size & spacing different...heads obviously different...Intake/Throttle Body different...Crank material different that is about all...

Blocks are the same...Bore size & spacing different...heads obviously different...Intake/Throttle Body different...Crank material different that is about all...

The blocks are not the same. The liners are different and therefore the PN changes between the two.

3 hours ago, lt1z said:

The blocks are not the same. The liners are different and therefore the PN changes between the two.

Obviously the liners are different?  Block dimensions? please?

Obviously the liners are different?  Block dimensions? please?

The exterior dimensions remain the same. Internally they are not. Same as the previous Gen LT and LS before.

15 minutes ago, lt1z said:

The exterior dimensions remain the same. Internally they are not. Same as the previous Gen LT and LS before.

Correct! Same as before....same OL GM same ol Oil pan.....Same blocks other than...liners,Heads and what Throttle bodies?  One just has more meat where you need it the most.  I like the architecture excellent, excellent! 

23 minutes ago, lt1z said:

Cranks Different material and balancing proportions...I bet!  That is probably all.....

So the substructure "aka" blocks are absolutely the same albeit the few mentioned items?

4 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

Soooo, yeah,  that's what makes the blocks different.  Same exterior dimensions do not make the same block.  An old 350 and an old 400 small block are the same externally (except freeze plugs) but are not the same block.  A big block 396 and a big block 454 are not the same blocks although externally about the same. 

1 hour ago, mookdoc6 said:

So the substructure "aka" blocks are absolutely the same albeit the few mentioned items?

So a Remington 870 12 gauge shotgun and a Remington 410 gauge shotgun are absolutely the same except for a few details. 

On 12/18/2018 at 10:24 AM, pickmeup said:

Athletic interior trim elements ?

I laughed at this one myself what the hell?