Gorehamj

GMC Launches AT4 Sierra Off-Road Performance Package

2019-GMC-Sierra-AT4-090.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
12-17-2018

GMC has just released details of its 2019 Sierra AT4 off-road performance package. The AT4 is not new, it was launched earlier this year along with other trim packages. GMC is now adding a Performance Package to the AT4. To the already impressive list of AT4 features, GMC includes the following on the Performance Package:

- 6.2L V-8 engine mated to 10-speed automatic transmission.
- 18-inch machined aluminum wheels with Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires.
- Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System.
- Performance Air Intake.

These changes add 15 horsepower and 9 lb-ft of torque to a Sierra equipped with a conventional 6.2L V-8. Power is now 435 horsepower and torque is 469 lb-ft. The 6.2L has recently been named a Wards 10 Best Engine for 2019

The AT4 package includes the following content:

Standard 2-inch factory-installed suspension lift.
Standard 4WD with a two-speed transfer case, locking rear differential and skid plates.
Standard off-road-tuned Rancho monotube shock absorbers.
Standard Hill Descent Control.
Standard Traction Select System.
Standard GMC exclusive, industry-first MultiPro Tailgate.
Standard black chrome finish on the fog lamp bezels, fender surround and grille insert.
Standard body-color grille surround, door handles and bumper.
Standard exclusive athletic interior trim elements.
Standard red vertical recovery hooks.
Available segment-first Multi-Color Head-Up Display.
Available segment-first Rear Camera Mirror.
Available GMC-exclusive, industry-first Carbon Fiber Pickup Box.
A full suite of advanced available safety features including Surround Vision, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, Front Pedestrian Braking and Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking.

GMC says that the Sierra AT4 Off-Road Performance Package is priced at $4,940 and is on sale now.

• Like 1

Is the exhaust factory or dealer installed?

Ryan B.

7 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Is the exhaust factory or dealer installed?

Ryan B.

Usually any of that performance stuff is dealer installed. 

• Like 2

What do you trust more car dealer or gas station burrito? I guess in this case you get the warranty with the parts.

Ryan B.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

emoji1361.png

What do you trust more car dealer or gas station burrito? I guess in this case you get the warranty with the parts.

Ryan B.

and that's the idea. You get the warranty.. and GM can roll the extra price into your monthly payment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

emoji1361.png

Ryan B.

The burrito!

• Like 2

So basically, if you build an AT4 and add the 6.2 and exhaust and intake now is the price the same or less.  Those are options you can build with now if I'm not mistaken.  

To me is seems like a marketing ploy.  Higher price for just adding "Performance Package". 

52 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

So basically, if you build an AT4 and add the 6.2 and exhaust and intake now is the price the same or less.  Those are options you can build with now if I'm not mistaken.  

To me is seems like a marketing ploy.  Higher price for just adding "Performance Package". 

GM has been doing this quite a lot lately.  They package already available parts / options / accessories, and give the package a new name, then issue a press release alerting the world of their latest and greatest offering. 

It can't cost GM much to do this, so if they make a few sales, they are happy. 

Edited by rkj__

Too little, too late, GM.  It will be a poor seller. 

Too little, too late, GM.  It will be a poor seller. 

It’s never too late for an extra 9 lb.ft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Gorehamj said:

The AT4 package includes the following content:

Standard 2-inch factory-installed suspension lift.
Standard 4WD with a two-speed transfer case, locking rear differential and skid plates.
Standard off-road-tuned Rancho monotube shock absorbers.
Standard Hill Descent Control.
Standard Traction Select System.
Standard GMC exclusive, industry-first MultiPro Tailgate.
Standard black chrome finish on the fog lamp bezels, fender surround and grille insert.
Standard body-color grille surround, door handles and bumper.
Standard exclusive athletic interior trim elements.
Standard red vertical recovery hooks.

Available segment-first Multi-Color Head-Up Display.
Available segment-first Rear Camera Mirror.
Available GMC-exclusive, industry-first Carbon Fiber Pickup Box.
A full suite of advanced available safety features including Surround Vision, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, Front Pedestrian Braking and Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking.

$5000 is allot of money for a lift kit, exhaust and a pair of shocks no one would buy aftermarket for off road use.

The 10 speed is standard with the 62 in any trim.

Half this list was standard on my 15 WT1. Hill decent, traction control etc. 

That other half is either eye candy OR items WHO would put on an off road truck? Pedestrian braking???? Lane departure? 

Ever go to a used car lot and see 200 items printed on the list of 'features'? You know, like it has paint and a motor? The intent is to  WOW you with VOLUME so you don't notice your pocket has been picked. 

Question, Isn't hunting in a baited field illegal? :lol:

Edited by Grumpy Bear