Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

On 6/10/2019 at 11:10 AM, Chris walker said:

Can you please take a pic of the 2 amps under your front seat? When I looked under the front seat as an option for amps, I thought the amps would block the air con vents...

Here you go. Hope you get what you looking for out of them. 

ampfront.jpg

amprear.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

I didn't tear down anything, but did add a JL Audio Stealthbox with 2 12/s and a 1000 watt amp.  Fit's perfectly under the seat and it made a huge difference.

Jerry

Decided to pull the trigger and Start tearing down the Truck to install My system. I wanted to keep the Amps from under the seat, so I decided to put them on the back wall. I did a lot of looking around the Web for ideas and almost put them under the seats cause there is a ton of room under there. I watched some you tube videos and seen  that is was impossible to do it. I Decided that nothing is impossible and started to tear it down and run all the cables and sound dead the rear cab. I was in the 12 volt business for 20 plus years and have done way more exotic systems then this. However with this Florida heat in June, I now know why I had a career change 8 years ago. I will try to upload some more pics as I go along.

My Silverado WT Custom System

Fix86

VXi1000/1

VXi800/8

C7 6.5 in Front doors

C7 3.5 in Dash

C5 650X Rear doors

2 12 Stealth Box

VXI Hub

1/0 JL Audio Wire kit

Jl Audio 16 Ga speaker wire run in all doors and dash

20190612_165331.jpg

4 minutes ago, Zelas said:

Decided to pull the trigger and Start tearing down the Truck to install My system. I wanted to keep the Amps from under the seat, so I decided to put them on the back wall. I did a lot of looking around the Web for ideas and almost put them under the seats cause there is a ton of room under there. I watched some you tube videos and seen  that is was impossible to do it. I Decided that nothing is impossible and started to tear it down and run all the cables and sound dead the rear cab. I was in the 12 volt business for 20 plus years and have done way more exotic systems then this. However with this Florida heat in June, I now know why I had a career change 8 years ago. I will try to upload some more pics as I go along.

My Silverado WT Custom System

Fix86

VXi1000/1

VXi800/8

C7 6.5 in Front doors

C7 3.5 in Dash

C5 650X Rear doors

2 12 Stealth Box

VXI Hub

1/0 JL Audio Wire kit

Jl Audio 16 Ga speaker wire run in all doors and dash

20190612_165331.jpg

Awesome, can't wait to see the result! Can you document the tweeter install? I haven't started that yet and worried I'm going to break something.

• Like 1

I'm starting my install today and had a quick question for those that have already installed their system. Do the door sill plates just pop straight up and are they attached by clips? Im assuming you can just get under them with a trim tool or screw driver and gently pry them up...Any feedback would be appreciated.

29 minutes ago, Chris walker said:

I'm starting my install today and had a quick question for those that have already installed their system. Do the door sill plates just pop straight up and are they attached by clips? Im assuming you can just get under them with a trim tool or screw driver and gently pry them up...Any feedback would be appreciated.

Yeah they just pop right up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to getting some measurements. So the measurements for the dash speakers and opening are as follows:

Hole mounting distance = 3.5 inches 

Dash opening = 2 5/8 inches

I was able to fit my massive audible physics drivers in there after some trimming. Way easier to trim than the previous years and was able to get it done with just a razor. Just opened up the diameter a bit and opened a slot for the speaker terminals. 

20190622_111224.jpg

20190622_111241.jpg

• Like 1

skimmed most of this thread so sorry if i missed it. I'd like to add just a little more bass. Just a simple bass tube or amp/sub combo. Is there not an easy place to pull l/r speaker inputs from without the expensive harness? I've done a ton of car audio so I know my stuff, but I'm not so desperate for more thump that I'm going to spend the kind of money on just a harness. 

I have the non-bose. 

12 minutes ago, Belo said:

skimmed most of this thread so sorry if i missed it. I'd like to add just a little more bass. Just a simple bass tube or amp/sub combo. Is there not an easy place to pull l/r speaker inputs from without the expensive harness? I've done a ton of car audio so I know my stuff, but I'm not so desperate for more thump that I'm going to spend the kind of money on just a harness. 

I have the non-bose. 

You should be able to follow the install instructions for the kicker sub install, they were posted in this thread somewhere.

I had a JL Audio Stealthbox put in.  Has two 12"  down firing subs with a 1000 watt amp.  This hits extremely hard and has no distortion at all.  Very very pleased!!