Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

I do have the BOSE.  I'm almost positive they didn't have to remove any of the stuff around the screen. I'm sure they just tapped in somewhere else? Maybe into the factory amp somehow.  Again, all they did was hook up an amp and add a single sub. All the factory BOSE is still in place. 

17 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

I do have the BOSE.  I'm almost positive they didn't have to remove any of the stuff around the screen. I'm sure they just tapped in somewhere else? Maybe into the factory amp somehow.  Again, all they did was hook up an amp and add a single sub. All the factory BOSE is still in place. 

Tapping into the Bose system is actually pretty easy. There shouldn't be much of a difference between the 2019 and the 2014-2018 except maybe where the Bose amplifier is located. Here are some videos about bypassing or tapping into the Bose system in a GM. The first one explains how they most likely added a sub to your Bose system and left everything else:

https://youtu.be/9l697oeCMlk

https://youtu.be/qhgWUylbQpY

Non-Bose system:

https://youtu.be/qhgWUylbQpY

You can search the Five Star Car Stereo channel for other GM related videos. I've followed these guys for a while and they know what they are doing.

Edited by ApertureX
added another link

I am still waiting on GM to finalize the paperwork on my buyback. Once that is done and I switch out my 2018 for the 2019, I will go ahead and tear out the headunit. I have the ability to pull technical documents and manuals so I can do that when I get home.

3 hours ago, Ericruiz911 said:

I am still waiting on GM to finalize the paperwork on my buyback. Once that is done and I switch out my 2018 for the 2019, I will go ahead and tear out the headunit. I have the ability to pull technical documents and manuals so I can do that when I get home.

Thank you so much!

On 1/17/2019 at 1:07 PM, Ericruiz911 said:

Any luck on getting rid of the "Super Shake" edition Shakerado?

Edited by JacobC1983

No luck yet. Should be by the end of next week. Regardless, here is the documentation for headunit removal. It is 6 bolts holding it in and you may need to tear out the lower trim piece to get to the others. I do not have the truck yet so I am just going off the documentation.

Instrument Panel Replacement 3.jpg

Instrument Panel Replacement 2.jpg

Instrument Panel Replacement 1.jpg

1 hour ago, JacobC1983 said:

I can not for the life of me get the bottom piece off. 

Only going off the videos i've seen,  you just have to pry till you feel one of the clips let loose then you can pull them.  Seems there are 5. I'd guess the ones on the corners should come loose more easily.  Good luck.

10 hours ago, StevenStarke said:

Where do you get diagrams like that? I want them showing me the body behind the rear of the front fender wells. 

I just asked the parts dept at my dealer. They printed them for me

39 minutes ago, JacobC1983 said:

Probably not much. I’m more worried about the screwing up the dash that this piece goes into. That would be very expensive to replace 

Fair enough.  Can parts even be sourced right now is a fair question too.