Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

3 hours ago, alipor said:

Finally picked up my truck from the installers, turns out integrating with the bose isn't terrible, there wasn't a ton of EQ'ing going on with the bose amp.  Anyway here is the link of the installers build log of my system.  Nick really knocked this one out of the park, it has blown away my expectations.  Nick's attention to small details really separated his work from the three other shops that has done systems in my cars, he was over 2hr drive for me and i'd happily drive further to have him work on my truck.

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/build-logs-project-install-gallery/416775-alipors-2019-chevy-silverado-high-country-semi-stealth-system.html 

Hah nice! My Sierra is going into Nick’s shop next week. He told me there was a Silverado in the shop but never guessed I’d read about it here. Great to hear you’re thrilled, although I’m not surprised. I’m not going quite as hard as you did, but I’m excited to get it installed.

4 hours ago, relevante said:

Hah nice! My Sierra is going into Nick’s shop next week. He told me there was a Silverado in the shop but never guessed I’d read about it here. Great to hear you’re thrilled, although I’m not surprised. I’m not going quite as hard as you did, but I’m excited to get it installed.

Pretty funny you are on here as well, Nick was telling me, when going over my project that someone else was doing a system as well. You'll love it when he is done this I'm sure of.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 10:53 AM, relevante said:

Did you get your set up installed? If so mind giving us a few shots. 

6 hours ago, Tano53180 said:

Did you get your set up installed? If so mind giving us a few shots. 

I picked it up Wednesday night. It’s totally awesome. There’s not a lot to see (intentionally) but I’ll try to remember to get a few pics and post more details soon.

I just finished my install in my AT4 with Bose system, I spent $390 and it’s sound ridiculously good. I put in a pioneer mono amp D9701 a pioneer 12” SWX3002 that is already boxed and fits nicely under the seat and an audio control LC2i. Install was easy the truck has plenty of space for running all the cables. Has enough space for the amp and the line converter under the passenger seat. I had the Kicker OEM on my previous truck and it did not have enough kick for me. 

I tied uploading pics but it only allows me 4.8mb 

Finally took delivery of the truck and I will start tearing it down this weekend for measurements to verify fitment. The shop that usually tunes my system will be doing the amp rack because seeing the work Nick put into that high country makes me not want to bother with it. Sound deadening and adding the MLV will probably take the bulk of my time but I can trace out copies of the finished shape for anyone that will want to add MLV which should save you a ton of time. The dash speakers are what I am worried about because I don't want custom pillars so I will have to see if I can fit my current AP drivers in there or have to go another route. Should have a bunch of info and pictures up this weekend 

• Like 1

I also got the loop back harness from LLJ Customs, bose amp is located under center console so that where you tap into for signal. Also running an LC7 makes like much easier! Also for adding door speakers there are speaker wire adapters to make life easier. From what ive seen if you dont have bose you just get a loop back harness and it plugs in right underneath passenger side dash. 

• Like 1

So I left this for the last minute thinking it couldn't take too long to get measurements and finally got a gap between afternoon showers. Well, i was totally wrong. Going to have to plan this out for a day where I have more time because there is some serious steps to getting to those damn speakers. I will post back once I get to it but for reference, see the steps required and their corresponding document ID's below.

Radio control assembly removal

1.       Remove instrument panel trim (5002230)

2.       Remove floor console extension panels (5001357, 5001302)

3.       Remove console cup holder trim plate (5001449)

4.       Remove instrument panel lower trim (5001641)

5.       Remove radio control assembly (5020726)

Front left speaker grille removal

1.       Unplug negative battery terminal (SIR System)

2.       Remove left side A pillar molding (5132920)

3.       Remove left side instrument panel fuse block access hole cover (5000747)

4.       Remove left side instrument panel pad (5000836)

5.       Remove front left speaker grille (5004265)

Front right speaker grille removal

1.       Remove right side A pillar molding (5132920)

2.       Remove right side instrument panel fuse block access hole cover (5000747)

3.       Remove glove box (5027467)

4.       Remove right side instrument panel trim pad (5002584)

On 5/8/2019 at 4:43 PM, TrailBoss3626 said:

I also got the loop back harness from LLJ Customs, bose amp is located under center console so that where you tap into for signal. Also running an LC7 makes like much easier! Also for adding door speakers there are speaker wire adapters to make life easier. From what ive seen if you dont have bose you just get a loop back harness and it plugs in right underneath passenger side dash. 

Wasn't aware of their shop. You're a life saver. I was looking for a wiring harness like this.

• Like 1