In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

On 10/29/2019 at 2:19 PM, Wakezilla said:

JL Audio System...

Ok, I finally got my system installed. I have a 2019 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab with Bose.  It hits hard and deep and clean.  I did not want to fork out the $1500 for the JL Stealthbox with 2 of their thin 12'' subs.  I've always had the W3s and loved their clean deep sound and didn't want to risk being dissappointed with their thin subs. So I did a lot of research and ended up with the following:  (PLUS, I saved about $500 overall doing it this way.)

I hope this posts helps clarify some challenges/questions.  

Amp: JL JX-1000

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Jx500-Mono-Subwoofer-Amplifier/dp/B0081K3M5G/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=jl+audio+amplifier&qid=1570760485&sprefix=jl+&sr=8-4

Amp Wiring Kit: (high quality stuff)

Subs: 2 x JL 10w3v3 4 ohm

Bass Volume Knob:  installed up front under the steering column.  Allows me to turn the bass all the way down -- just Bose system playing. Or up to desired level.

Box: (very happy with quality of build and fitment in my truck) I did apply some additional caulk inside the box where it looked like some of the cracks were missed)

Wiring:

You'll need to determine if you have the 'noise cancelling' feature.  If you do, you'll see a microphone thing on the ceiling above your rear seat.  LLJ Customs can provide you a harness bypass plug as part of your T-harness purchase if you do.  I did not have that feature so all I used was the T-harness. 

You'll need to order a Line Output Converter (LOC) with the T-harness from LLJ so that you can get clean signal to your amplifier.  I went with the upgraded "active" LOC -- https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/factory-system-upgrade/lc2i/ -- WHICH LLJ will hook up for you as part of the T-harness purchase.

NOTE: You'll need to remove the back seat from the back wall in order to run your wires and install the Lc2i.  I don't have a picture of it, but my installer used double sided sticky tape to adhere it to the back wall just to the right of some other electronic box that was alread in there. (there's plenty of room on the back wall for it)

Here's a good video that is helpful.  However when he talks about pushing down on the seat locks, don't do that.  I used a long allen wrench to lift up on the hook on top of the locking mechanism which made it much easier.  There are 4 10mm bolts on the bottom you'll have to use an extender to reach.  Once you get them started, you can remove them by hand.  

Here are some pics of my install:

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 2.46.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 2.46.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 2.46.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 2.46.12 PM.png

I have 2020 GMC sierra 1500 and I have purchased Rockford fosgate p300-8p to put it under the backseat and i am not sure what other things i need to buy other than Amp kit, Do i still need to buy LC2i ? On another forum people suggested me to buy the LLJcustom harness but i am not able to figure out what all options i need to select in the drop down. Do i need this harness to make it plug and play and if yes can you suggest me what options to select ?

Has anyone used the Rockford Fosgate DSR1 DSP on one of our trucks?  I'm tired of the glitchy NAVTV product and when I called them last week they told me they're trying to get one of our trucks in their shop to test but someone keeps flaking on them.  Every time I communicate with them its a different excuse so I'm ready to move on.  

LLJ Customs sells a harness with the DSR1 wired in but from what I've ready on Crutchfield's website you can't use the DSR1 on our trucks.  I'm thinking this may be because they don't sell a T harness specific for the T1s but I'm not certain.  I have an email to LLJ asking but just wondering if anyone has used the DSR1 and their thoughts on it. 

Pretty rookie question, but all my stereo experience has been in older vehicles - on my 2020 AT4 w/Bose is there an adapter to connect the speaker outputs of an aftermarket amp to the existing speaker wire that runs to the doors or are people having to run new wire to the speaker locations?

Would you guys mind showing where you mounted your bass knobs and how you best routed the wires to get it there?  

on my 08 I had it in the center console open area right in front of the cup holders but I had the whole interior apart already and it wasn’t much effort to run. 

I’m thinking since I will have the passenger side panels pulled to run power wire I may run the cable for the bass knob back up that path and just try to find a spot under the dash for it. 

Would love to see what others have come up with. 

Installing a rather modest supplement to the Bose in my ‘21 Sierra this weekend and can’t wait for the results:

john’s plug and play harness

pac LOC

audiocontrol EQS

Sundown SAE-600d

Sundown SD3 10

Crossovers (bass blockers) in drivers doors. 

Has anyone installed a powered subwoofer yet into one of these trucks? Been looking around lately and the stock system w/o Bose needs some more thump at the least.

not looking to rattle the mirrors off just something to take the lows off of the door speakers and to see what y’all have stuffed under the backseat in terms of a powered subwoofer.

thanks!!

• 1 month later...

I wanted to bring this thread back to the top. I'm planning my system out right now for a Spring install in my 21 Sierra Elevation with Bose. Going with an AC D6-1200, Hertz MPK components up front with active crossovers, CPK coax's in the back doors, Subthump single 12" with an Image Dynamics IDQ12D2.v4 sub. I'm thinking about picking up a small amp to run the rear doors, something like the Infinity Primus amp off Crutchfield for sub $100 since it's just rear fill. Just received my harness from John on this board, good quality work. My plan is to install both amps on the rear wall, I'm trying to save as much of the under-seat storage as I can. 

I've read up on the NAV-TV, but does anyone have an update on these units? I see they're re-working them currently and they're not available. 

In 40 pages I never saw anyone mention this solution? https://axxessinterfaces.com/product/AXDSP-X  At this point I'm sold on the AC DSP but thought it might be another solution for people to consider.

Anyway, I'd love to hear the latest from anyone on here. I've gotten some great ideas and a plan of attack by reading thru all these posts. Thanks!

Also, quick question....is there a speaker harness available for the front dash location? Are they the same as the doors? I can't seem to locate one and Crutchfield says there isn't one available.

6 hours ago, kmeleon said:

Also, quick question....is there a speaker harness available for the front dash location? Are they the same as the doors? I can't seem to locate one and Crutchfield says there isn't one available.

the dash and door speakers (at least on the non Bose) are the same channel and there is a passive crossover inline on the dash speakers you will need to run a new wire from the amp to run active. That is what John told me when I ordered the harness, but yours being bose may be different. 

I was just shopping around today and came across these:

You should shop around because you don't need to go paying $200 for a Harness.

Subthump: http://subthump.com/Car-Audio-Products/Installation-Accessories/Vehicle-Integration-Adapters-By-Subthump/20142018-SilveradoSierra-With-BOSE-Plug-N-Play-THarness-And-ANC-Defeat-Harness-Kit-clone-1.html 

eBay: https://www.ebay.com/p/676277865 

Screenshot 2021-03-04 190151.jpg

2.jpg

31 minutes ago, Katsinwater said:

I was just shopping around today and came across these:

You should shop around because you don't need to go paying $200 for a Harness.

Subthump: http://subthump.com/Car-Audio-Products/Installation-Accessories/Vehicle-Integration-Adapters-By-Subthump/20142018-SilveradoSierra-With-BOSE-Plug-N-Play-THarness-And-ANC-Defeat-Harness-Kit-clone-1.html 

eBay: https://www.ebay.com/p/676277865 

Screenshot 2021-03-04 190151.jpg

2.jpg

I believe those are just for T tapping signal to add a sub, I am doing a full replacement while trying to reuse as much factory wiring as possible That is why many of us have opted to use a loopback harness 

Edited by Greyhound6.2

1 hour ago, Greyhound6.2 said:

the dash and door speakers (at least on the non Bose) are the same channel and there is a passive crossover inline on the dash speakers you will need to run a new wire from the amp to run active. That is what John told me when I ordered the harness, but yours being bose may be different. 

From what John told me with the bose system the tweeters have their own channels. So that makes doing an active component system easy peasy. I just don't want to cut the dash harnesses if I can help it. 

On the newer Bose amps in the trucks the front dash tweeters are on their own channels.On the non-Bose systems the front door woofer and tweeter are parallel or 1-channel on each side.

Hope that clears it up...:)

9 hours ago, JH1973 said:

On the newer Bose amps in the trucks the front dash tweeters are on their own channels.On the non-Bose systems the front door woofer and tweeter are parallel or 1-channel on each side.

Hope that clears it up...:)

John, do you know how to get a hold of a set of harnesses for the front dash speakers? I'd rather not cut them. I have 2 sets coming for the front and rear doors.