Upgrading my truck

So I currently have a 2009 Silverado 1500 with 285/65R18 tires and 18/8.5 wheels with a 2in leveling kit. Im wanting to lift it and get some bigger tires without having to buy new wheels since mine are about a year old. Would a 6in lift and 35s look stupid since the wheels are smaller?

It truly only matters what you think. I don’t think it would look stupid. 18” wheels with 35” tires will look much better than if you had even smaller wheels. 20” wheels with 35” tires may look a little bit better but with the wheels only being a year old I wouldn’t buy new ones.

Personal preference. Do you offroad the truck? IMO more sidewall not only looks right for the application but functionally is superior. In the end if you like it thats all that counts, ignore others opinions.

Edited by 04z71crew

I ran 35's on 15"s and 36's on 16.5's for years. Personally I like seeing more tire than wheel and off road it makes a heck of a lot of sense to let the tire sidewalls take the beating instead of the wheels. You and the truck will take less of a beating too.

Some of the 20's and 22's look great on lowered trucks, they are just not my thing. Since my 2005 Silverado I've stepped up to 17's and now have them on my 2018 too !! Maybe in another 15 years I'll get used to 18's !!

I ran 35's on 15"s and 36's on 16.5's for years. Personally I like seeing more tire than wheel and off road it makes a heck of a lot of sense to let the tire sidewalls take the beating instead of the wheels. You and the truck will take less of a beating too.

Some of the 20's and 22's look great on lowered trucks, they are just not my thing. Since my 2005 Silverado I've stepped up to 17's and now have them on my 2018 too !! Maybe in another 15 years I'll get used to 18's !!
Same here I don't like a lot of wheel right now I'm running 265 75r with 16 inch wheel I like the stance it gives it now before when I bought it had 245 75r tire in the future I'd probably go 17 or 18 wheel

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

• Like 1