Trailboss oversize tires

• 2 weeks later...

I put my new wheels/tires on today. 20x10 -18 Fuel Vandals w/ 33x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The wheels slightly brushed the front brake calipers, so I had to add 1/4” spacers. So now, it’s at about a -24 mm offset. There’s only a slight rub at full lock on the back of the wheel well. It’s a Trail Boss with the 2” stock lift. I’ve also added a 1.5” MotoFab under strut leveling kit. 

2E800728-BA24-409B-8D7D-46D01A835D63.jpeg

C141956B-A267-4443-B9B9-191C36FD9209.jpeg

Edited by CPBassGuide
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CPBassGuide said:

I put my new wheels/tires on today. 20x10 -18 Fuel Vandals w/ 33x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The wheels slightly brushed the front brake calipers, so I had to add 1/4” spacers. So now, it’s at about a -24 mm offset. There’s only a slight rub at full lock on the back of the wheel well. It’s a Trail Boss with the 2” stock lift. I’ve also added a 1.5” MotoFab under strut leveling kit. 

2E800728-BA24-409B-8D7D-46D01A835D63.jpeg

C141956B-A267-4443-B9B9-191C36FD9209.jpeg

Man, this looks great!  I’m getting mine installed tomorrow morning.  But I can’t believe they wouldn’t fit over the caliper.  This is the first vandal wheel that I have heard doesn’t fit.  There is a guy on FB with an AT4 with same 20x10 -18 wheels and they fit fine.  Very interesting! But sweet truck man, awesome job.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:15 AM, CPBassGuide said:

Yes. As far as the looks of the tires, they’re fairly similar to the GY Wranglers that came stock. The bigger size fills out the wheel wells a lot better. I’ll get some more pics. 

Have you noticed any rubbing yet. Could you post more pics??

Thanks

On 3/16/2019 at 11:16 AM, CPBassGuide said:

I have a ‘19 Trail Boss and added a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT 295/70R18 on stock wheels. No rubbing at all. 

Have you noticed a change in fuel mileage with the larger/heavier tire?

I went with a 1” motofab lift, Ridge Grappler 305/55/R20, fuel Vandal 20x9 +1 offset.  We had to remove the bracket behind the mud flap as it was pushing the mud flap forward and making it rub against the tire at full lock.  After removal, we were able to push the mud flap back about a half inch and now have zero rub.

4EE8ECEE-82FA-471C-9626-1471F608E774.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, z1boss said:

Just did the same thing!  Thanks for the idea, no more rubbing!!

That’s awesome man!  Glad it worked for you.  That bracket seems to serve no purpose but to push the mud flap forward.  Super happy the shop took a long look to see what they could  do to get everything to fit without rubbing.  Definitely an easy fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ultra54 said:

I would think the bracket supports the mud flap like when driving through water /mud/snow.

The mud flap is extremely durable and doesn’t really move at all.  It’s possible you could have some issues if you do heavy off roading, but if you are on pavement majority of time, I don’t see any issues with it.

• Like 1