Exhaust

Has anyone done a long tube header, hi flow cats, H pipe and true dual mufflers turned down just after the axle on a 2014+?
If anyone has done it this way I would like to hear your thoughts and experience overall.

I was thinking this would be the way to go for best performance and sound but not sure. I will be contacting a shop tomorrow to see what they say about it.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

On 12/19/2018 at 3:56 PM, damnthetorpedoes said:

Price sounds a little high but i'm sure it depends on your location. I paid $280 for the exact same muffler/install. 

The 12909 is a VERY mild muffler. I'm pretty sure that my previous Yukon XL with the 6.2 was louder with stock exhaust. The 12909 sounds nice when you stomp on it, but don't be surprised when no one notices that it isn't stock. If I were to do it over again I would start with a delete to see how it sounds for a few days. 

FYI, my flapper was removed but the stock resonator is still in place. 

Where do you get yours installed, and were you happy with the work?  Looking to have the same muffler installed and am also in MN. 

25 minutes ago, MDayMN said:

Where do you get yours installed, and were you happy with the work?  Looking to have the same muffler installed and am also in MN. 

I used Tim's Custom Exhaust in Coon Rapids. It's not exactly in my back yard, but was worth the drive for the quality of work imo. 

http://timscustomexhaust.com/

Has anyone done a long tube header, hi flow cats, H pipe and true dual mufflers turned down just after the axle on a 2014+?
If anyone has done it this way I would like to hear your thoughts and experience overall.

I was thinking this would be the way to go for best performance and sound but not sure. I will be contacting a shop tomorrow to see what they say about it.

Well I talked to a reputable shop and the cost to install American Racing long tubes was $500.00. But he wanted me to get the American racing y pipe with the high flow cats which was covered under the $500.00 install of the headers plus another 350.00 to go from the cats out to the back with a single in and single out. I thought the labor for the header install was a bit to high at just the sound of it although I understand he has a shop and the cost of running it. I don't think the overall performance gain is enough compared to the cost myself. I think I'm going shorty header and cat back system for less than half the cost.