Eibach Pro truck lift Silverado

I just purchased a 2018 Silverado and interested in purchasing that particular leveling kit. How does it perform on the highway, is it worth the extra cash considering they claim it keeps all original OEM up front. 

Pictures will be appreciated!

I have ran Eibach on a few vehicle's and everything they make is legit. That kit is similar to many others and should perform great. The kit I see adds specs to the top of the strut and a spacer in the rear. Should maintain a close to stock ride quality.

I'll let you know.  I put the rear shocks on this weekend.  I dropped the front strut assemblies off at the local shop today to have them swap the parts, I'm doing the Eibach springs and struts in the front, currently have the Z71 bouncy bouncy Ranchos with the rough country spacers.  No interest in messing with a spring compressor, local shop is charging me $40 an assembly to swap parts.  I'll have it installed by Friday...getting my 275 60 20 Wildpeak's installed Friday at Discount Tire and then alignment Saturday morning.  Mine is a 16, I'm going to keep my stock AT rims.  

After swapping rear shocks the Eibach take way more force to compress than Ranchos when doing it by hand.  The Eibach springs are much beefier than the stockers.  I'm going to run them at the lowest clip setting for the ~2.5" of lift.  I took some pre-measurements in the front, my eager ass forgot to take pre-measurements in the rear.  I bought my 16 used with 13k miles on it, already had the rough country installed, so no clue what stock measurements are, but I'll make a post after I get them installed and put some miles on it.

• Like 2

Dan,

I have a 2016 Crew Cab Sierra, my signature is old, it's a 2008 SD I used to have that I still kinda miss, AWD and 6.2.  I'm at 18,000 miles.  I've watched that video a few times before!!!  My stock rancho's still rebounded and rebounded and rebounded...

Anyways, got my struts in, going from the 1/2" Rough Country spacers in the front I measured about 37 3/4" and now I'm at 38 1/4", so about 1/2" more.  Rough Country is supposed to be 2 and Eibach is 2.5".  On par, right?  Will see if it settles some.  My rear has some 2" blocks I believe, measures 39 1/2".  Lost about a 1/2" of rake, I don't haul a ton of shit all the time, but sure seemed to squat pretty easy before compared to my GMT 900 so will see if the new shocks have any impact on that, I'm not a fan of the nose high look and prefer the face down ass up rake!!!  Maybe I'm going to need a bigger block.  Factory Ranchos, I have an AT model so from what I think I know these are just the Z71 Rancho shocks, sweet pink in color!  I have the factory Goodyear 275 55 20, 275 60 20 Wildpeaks go on tomorrow.

Put about 30 miles on it after install, no interstate but had it up on some 55mph roads.  First impression is I don't feel like I wasted money!  My driveway has one of those stupid half curb aprons, before every time I went over it, it was bounce bounce bounce.  Now it's just a bounce and done.  Feels more like my wifes ES 350 and my company ride 2010 Ford Asscape when plowing that bump.  

Overall ride is noticeably smoother, just less cabin vibration if you will vs the stock shocks.  Not that I would describe it as bad before but I did notice a smoother ride.  Shocks just recover after bumps I guess, no land yacht ride with the bounce and float.  Truck feels more planted and responsive.  I would say the ride is surely no rougher over bumps and cracks in the road.  You're in a truck and you still know it, it's just an even better ride than it was before, quieter and smoother than the 09 Yukon Denali I traded in on this truck.

I haven't had any experience with the Bilstein, I went with these because of the marginal cost increase to install new springs and do away with the blocks/compressed stock springs that I thought could have an impact on ride.  I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night ( I had a couple glasses of Makers Mark) and I'm not a career automotive guy, just an enthusiast.

I'll get some pics tomorrow of it with the stock tires and the Wildpeaks after.   Probably going to be dark by the time I get the Wildpeaks on so may have to wait until Sat to get some pics of the dirty pig up.

Snapped these quick after I got out of Discount Tire.  Needs a wash but I'm very happy with it.  These tires ride much better than stockers and hardly any more noise, went to 275 60 20.  They eat up the small bumps in the road way better than the stock tires and ride much smoother.

20181221_155334_zpsopyj0nbv.jpg

20181221_155349_zpskbubsgjy.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the information concerning the Eibach kit, i contacted Eibach directly because I could not find the kit in stock for sale anywhere. The reason is because the company/plant moved to a new location in California, but after a lot of research i decided to go with the readylift 2.25 leveling kit and the UCA's due to uca problems i have come across on the web. I know the rancho shocks suck too because I had them on my 2005 z71 at one time and replaced them with the 5100's, so when i can get my hands on the eibach springs and shocks they will be installed with the readylift UCA's. My readylift should be here next week so when i get it installed ill post some pictures. Again thanks for the replies!

• 1 month later...

IMG_1741.thumb.jpeg.f1855300d58ffe9320e3bc84ad2ef8f8.jpeg

IMG_1738.jpeg

Readylift 2.25'' leveling kit with the UCA'S. The trucks is on a sloped driveway that is why the front looks higher than the rear in the second picture, on level ground the front fenders are 1/8'' lower. Happy with the install finally looks like a TRUCK! 

Edited by tmdavis88
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 8:44 AM, Codey Dowling said:

When you guys did your eibachs did you have to replace the UCA’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope!

NOTE: as with ANY suspension lifts that reuse OEM components, you most likely will have to upgrade UCAs in the future when you wear out the OEMs.   This is the case regardless of lift kit brand. 

Nope!

NOTE: as with ANY suspension lifts that reuse OEM components, you most likely will have to upgrade UCAs in the future when you wear out the OEMs.   This is the case regardless of lift kit brand. 

Thanks I ended up saying screw it and ordered new UCA’s last night. The wife wasn’t pleased at the additional $400 but oh well lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk