2014 Silverado Squatting

I've got a 2014 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab, 6.5ft box.   The truck has a fiberglass topper, drawers full of stuff, and dog kennels etc in the back at all times.  With that I'm also regularly towing a 3000lb boat or Polaris Ranger.

It honestly hasn't bugged me too much other than cars flashing their brights thinking I have the HI beams on.  Has anyone installed SumoSprings or some other helper springs on their truck to help raise the back up again?   I had airbags in a previous truck which worked pretty well and coil over rear shocks in the one before that (which made it ride horrible).   I'm debating doing something with springs... or changing the angle of my headlights.

Pete

IMG_0968.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

I'd adjust my headlights if I'm regularly being flashed.  If your truck is nose high then go to a spring and axle shop and they can set you up.  On my last Sierra, I had my leaf springs replaced with a locally manufactured stronger set.  The ride was fine.   My current truck seems to handle the weight much better.

P_20180501_145214.thumb.jpg.0845739d3c98e8cc08586a502213756b.jpg

Either new springs as suggested or airbags. If you have the weight on the rear of the truck all of the time, I’d look at the springs. But if the weight varies and you want to maintain the best ride possible when unloaded or at lower rear axle weight, then airbags. 

Air bag for sure. issue is with air it takes a minute to learn where you like it. Also there are about a dozen kits so research it. Everything from a small single bellow to triple. inside frame, outside frame, on axle or leaf. on board air compressors, sensors, controllers and valves.  

I just installed Air-Lift air bags with a wireless on board compressor. I'm 100% satisfied with the ride and the function. I can independently adjust right and left if it's an off balanced load too. I load my 900+ lb Harley and never even know it's back there.

I have a similar load on mine: (crew w/ 6.5ft bed) Fiberglass cap, toolbox filled with junk, and dog crates.  I chose a zone Add A Leaf as the solution. Got the back end up a bit and didn’t screw up my ride much.  If the weight is always there, than I’d go with stiffer springs in some way shape or form.  I didn’t want to fool with airbags and didn’t really need the adjustments.  

I'd adjust my headlights if I'm regularly being flashed.  If your truck is nose high then go to a spring and axle shop and they can set you up.  On my last Sierra, I had my leaf springs replaced with a locally manufactured stronger set.  The ride was fine.   My current truck seems to handle the weight much better.
P_20180501_145214.thumb.jpg.0845739d3c98e8cc08586a502213756b.jpg
I hope that picture is of your old setup and not the current one, you are way high on the nose!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎20 at 8:35 PM, sldhead700 said:

I hope that picture is of your old setup and not the current one, you are way high on the nose!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I was using this picture to demonstrate my similar load scenario.  It is level or better when setup for the road.  

• Like 1