AT4 vs Trail boss. Which is the better buy

Started looking pretty hard at close to fully optioned TB. Once I started looking into the TB I started seeing AT4’s pop up. 

A TB with convenience package I/II, bed liner and tb controller is about the same as an AT4 with preferred package and duratracs (both about 56k sticker) Am I missing something? AT4 has cooled seats, perf leather, wireless charging and power passenger seat for 56k. 

Really like both trucks but I live close to Laura GMC and they have almost 30 AT4’s in stock where most dealers have 2-3 TB’s and Laura has awesome pricing as well. It seems like the better buy is going to be the AT4. 

What are everyone elses thoughts. I’m sure others are comparing these 2 

Edited by electron_si

because 6.2>>5.3 , end of conversation especially when you factor in that GM plays the hierarchy rules  and TB got stuck with only 5.3 option because its an LT trim 

Why not have the option GM ? Let people decide , 

• Like 1

I really don’t consider them on the same level. The GMC is definitely more loaded.As it sits I’d go AT4 for the 6.2 availability. When the time comes Chevy gets the 6.2 trailboss or a higher end 6.2 styled trailboss (high desert anyone?) then it will be better. I really think the trailboss package is a rip-off. Awful expensive way to go for basically only a $1000 GM kit with some black OE wheels and duratrac tires. And then be constrained on everything else. Plus I hate the black front ends contrasting the body color. Only two colors that pull it off well is the black or dark blue. 

Edited by DTB

I think everyone looks at these with the same question.  Why they don't make a TB with the 6.2 is so confusing as that seems to be what everyone wants.  I ended up getting a moderately optioned LTZ so I could get the 6.2L.  Dollar for dollar it felt like a good compromise and with supplier pricing it was too good to pass up.  Figure I can add a lift or change wheels/tires any time and though it is a lot of chrome on the front the black badges help and it does grow on you.  

Either way, all nice trucks.  

Reasons I chose the AT4:

- 6.2L with the 10 speed transmission
- New tailgate
- Camera-based rearview
- 360 degree camera views
- Wireless charging
- Heads up display
- I liked the look of the trail boss but I think the AT4 is a little more refined.
In my opinion, the Sierra has always been a little more refined. Nothing wrong with the Chev, but for sure the AT4 is not Apples to Apples with the TB as far as refinement.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

I bought a 2015 Sierra because I felt like the accompaniments on the SLT outweighed a comparably priced Silverado and I liked the styling better. A little more "touch" to it than just sheet metal. I then chose my 2019 AT4 because it had a pop about it (to me) that I really liked over the TB. 

The reason they make different trucks is because everyones tastes are different. Good luck on your search!

• Like 1

I've always preferred the Chevys but I chose the AT4 because I liked the looks better and wanted the 6.2l

My father has a fully loaded TB and while sticker was 10k more on my AT4, I have a lot more options than he does and prefer mine. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:58 PM, silveradonationfan15 said:

I went thru the same thing, A fully loaded Trail Boss ends up to be the base starting price for the AT4, one you adds the convince package on the at4, then the 6.2L, the price just jumps...Bottom line I am getting a trail boss,

My thoughts exactly, AT4 cost is considerably  more than TB. If a person doesn't want or need the 6.2 and all the extra little bells and whistles then I'd opt for the TB. I don't think comparing the AT4 to the TB is a valid way to say which is a better buy. I buy my vehicles based on my wants and needs and not what someone else happens to think is better. Bottom line is they are both good trucks