How is the DFM working for you?

It’s almost unnoticeable...  but all the gimmicks have done nothing to improve mileage.

I mostly tow... My 14 6.2L did better.  Towing my usual trailer, I’d average 10-12MPG with my 14.  The 19 is 9-11MPG with the same trailer.

9 hours ago, fishingtruck said:

Good information, I would have thought the 10 speed helps improve efficiency especially while towing.

Me too ...  but my last truck was the 6 speed .. ran about 2200 RPMs at 70mph.

The 19 runs at around 1800 RPMs at 70mph.

Everything about that metric makes you think the 19 should kill the old truck in mileage.  Its simply not the case.

The only other major difference is the 19 has 22" wheels vs the old one with 20"

Edited by steve841

My 2019 double cab 5.3L has it and it is less noticeable than my 15- I had to run a Range AFM disabler in my 2015 because of the constant shifting and vibrations- The range made it behave like it should. My gas mileage was also very consistent , 15-16.5 mpg compared to my tundra's which ran 13-14mpg.

I will disable the new one also, once range can update my device, my commute is hilly terrain and the new truck has slight vibrations around 30-40.

I have a question for the group, when I drove the new 2019 on the test drive I made sure I traveled my normal route. There was no signs of even the slightest vibration or hesitation. Now I have bought it, there are slight signs of vibration under light load starting up hills or on level road when trying to accelerate.

Do you think the DFM is disabled on these trucks until you purchase them? This is a big question because it would speak towards unfair sales practices?

I wondered this on my 2015 also because when I test drove it it also was very smooth. If I didn't find the range device it would have been sold.

3 hours ago, steve841 said:

Me too ...  but my last truck was the 6 speed .. ran about 2200 RPMs at 70mph.

The 19 runs at around 1800 RPMs at 70mph.

Everything about that metric makes you think the 19 should kill the old truck in mileage.  Its simply not the case.

The only other major difference is the 19 has 22" wheels vs the old one with 20"

could be the new front end's aerodynamic qualities are lacking? I noticed the old denali had seat belt adjusters and vertically adjustable lumbar which are no longer in the new model? but with lighter weight and the 10spd you would have thought......well i don't really know

16 hours ago, steve841 said:

It’s almost unnoticeable...  but all the gimmicks have done nothing to improve mileage.

I mostly tow... My 14 6.2L did better.  Towing my usual trailer, I’d average 10-12MPG with my 14.  The 19 is 9-11MPG with the same trailer.

Aside from the mpg... which truck towed better from a confidence standpoint?