Cannot get Alert Package II features to work.

Did not notice on test drive but it appears that none of my Alert II features work.  All the cameras seem to be on but no lane assist or even lane alert is showing up.  No distance to car ahead, basically no nothing.

I did a search, but did not find any solutions (other than a trip back to the dealer).  Would hate for it to be something silly.

It has the latest software updates, all the settings in the driver info are on.  I did a factory reset on the info center. It appears that all the features default to on.  i  know how this worked in my 2016 but there seems to be a glitch in my 2019.

On my 2016 all the indicators including parking assist showed up on the gauge cluster (DIC).

Any insight is appreciated.  Any pictures or descriptions of where the indicators display would be great.  I can't seem to find much info on line.

Edited by O Town Denali
added info

Checked all the  buttons.   I think it is probably software related.

The entire package does not work.

I even rechecked the window sticker to make sure the package was on there.

Ensure you have the Safety Package II option. There are several entities in the menu on the radio to

set some of the safety packages on. If you setup the Users, ensure both are setup for the safety packages.

On 12/23/2018 at 3:56 PM, Rocz3cqg said:

Ensure you have the Safety Package II option. There are several entities in the menu on the radio to

set some of the safety packages on. If you setup the Users, ensure both are setup for the safety packages.

I have paid for it, I just do not have it.

I have triple check all settings.  I think they will just need to re-flash the computer.  All the hardware seems to be there.

Well if your sticker said Safety Package II, you have the Intellibeam button on the end of the turn signal indicator, you have the LKA and LDW piano button at the left end of the stack, you have the camera in the backside of the rearview mirror facing out thru the windshield then you are probably right about a module failure or software flash.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

Back from dealer.  Computer showed all functions of the drivers Alert System II were deactivated.  

Front camera shows misaligned.  Tech tried to re-calibrate camera with no luck.  New camera on order.  He said that fault is causing the entire module not to work.

So next week they will install new camera and reprogram everything.  Hope that fixes it.

47 minutes ago, O Town Denali said:

Back from dealer.  Computer showed all functions of the drivers Alert System II were deactivated.  

Front camera shows misaligned.  Tech tried to re-calibrate camera with no luck.  New camera on order.  He said that fault is causing the entire module not to work.

So next week they will install new camera and reprogram everything.  Hope that fixes it.

I wonder if the 2018 camera is able to be re-calibrated? I know this is 2019 area but I've had no luck getting any info in the 2014-18 area. My LKA works great but my FCA doesn't work at all, it sometimes sees a car in front of me but rarely if ever goes to yellow.

• 2 weeks later...

As a follow up:

Happy to report that the new front camera was installed and fixed all of the issues.

Apparently if one aspect of the module is not within parameters, it shuts off the entire module.

Edited by O Town Denali
  • Like 1