Aftermarket Wheel Specs

1 hour ago, smit303 said:

They look good. How are the Toyo's performing? It looks like someone was playing Tic Tac Toe on your rear door. I cringe when I see someone touch a dirty car.

Ha! As do I! That was my 7yo son who is obsessed with the truck. I caught him mid game..

The Toyos are great. I've driven them in 2 storms in recent weeks. One with wet slushy snow and then another with about 8 inches of dry, fluffy, stuff on mostly unplowed roads. Between the tires and 6 bags of tube sand in the back the truck handled both storms like a Sherman tank.

Edited by Shawn O'Leary

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 1:45 PM, Shawn O'Leary said:

I run dedicated winter tires and rims on all my vehicles. Picked up a set of these wheels: https://www.oemwheelsdirect.com/product/one-chevrolet-silverado-tahoe-suburban-oem-factory-style-22-inch-sgf-wheel-5696/

And mounted these winter tires: https://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Toyo/Observe+G3-Ice+Studdable/275-50R22

I didn't have any issues with fitment. The tires do kick off a lot of slush that clings to the wheel wells and causes some rubbing after a while. But I chalk that up to the aggressiveness of the tread and not a fitment issue. Below is a picture of the truck with the wheels and tires installed. I hate seeing it that dirty... I had ceramic coating applied just under 2 weeks ago so I have to wait a couple more days before the detailers can wash it. 

51548037_1997846216977999_18051980718862

did you lower your truck? It looks a lot lower than mine.

11 hours ago, Tano53180 said:

did you lower your truck? It looks a lot lower than mine.

Sorta... I've got about 450 pounds of tube sand just inside the tailgate for added traction. I grew up in Northern Maine so even though I'm in a less cold and snowy climate now I still do everything I can to make my vehicles road worthy for winter: winter/snow tires and wheels, tube sand in pickup beds, etc.

Edited by Shawn O'Leary

6 hours ago, Shawn O'Leary said:

Sorta... I've got about 450 pounds of tube sand just inside the tailgate for added traction. I grew up in Northern Maine so even though I'm in a less cold and snowy climate now I still do everything I can to make my vehicles road worthy for winter: winter/snow tires and wheels, tube sand in pickup beds, etc.

Well, It looks nice at the level. I live on the central coast of CA so I don't think I will ever have to do that. I will have to find another way to give my truck that look. 

• 2 weeks later...

I might have overlooked it,  What are the offsets that fit the 2019 Silverado. I am looking to get some 24'' for my truck just want to know if anyone knows what I should be looking for as far as size of rim and all that. Any help would be much appreciated. 

4 minutes ago, Tano53180 said:

I might have overlooked it,  What are the offsets that fit the 2019 Silverado. I am looking to get some 24'' for my truck just want to know if anyone knows what I should be looking for as far as size of rim and all that. Any help would be much appreciated. 

I’m running 22x12 -44 and clears just fine no problems 

33 minutes ago, Tano53180 said:

Are you looking for off road negative off set wheels or a street style wheel with positive off set?