In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

7 hours ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

I don't think I'd call them identical. They are 2 different interiors. I do like the previous gen trucks better though. The only thing I really like on this is the wireless charging has been enlarged so that just about any phone will fit in the holder now.

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-High-Country-Interior-2018-Detroit-Auto-Show-001-Interior-Overview-1024x683.jpg

2015-Chevrolet-Silverado-High-Country-Interior-1024x573.jpg

I honestly don’t get the complaints on the interiors (2018 or 2019). They feel expensive to me. I sat in Fords and Dodges and they felt cheap to me. I guess i just don’t get it and that’s ok... 

"Different strokes ...."  I almost bought an end-of-year deal on a 2018 High Country but the interior didn't seem any different at all than the 2018 LT I was trading in. I hated the LT's front bench seat and lack of other comforts and conveniences, and the HC didn't impress at all. So after a bit I traded the 2018 LT in on a 2019 LTZ and I think the interior in this one is much nicer than either of the 2018s. I only have 500 miles on the '19 but so far nothing to criticize at all, and I'm enjoying figuring out all the bells & whistles. 

The styling of the body on the '19 strikes me a kinda odd on the sides, but I really like the looks of the front end and rear end. Of course, the 6.2 and 10-speed are WAY better than the 5.3 and 8-speed - no comparison.

On 12/24/2018 at 3:23 PM, GMC-AT said:

"HD coming out will address any of the interior issues that ding the 1500 so much"

I don't agree... it will have the same interior has the current 1500.  2021 refresh may address the boring interior and add some tech.  They normally don't change the interior on mid cycle refresh... just some exterior changes  (think 2014 to 2016)  But I think they will soon realize RAM is walking away in that department and will make some changes 2021 instead of the normal 2024.

They made a pretty big interior change in the 2003 GMT800 mid-cycle refresh.  That 16 years ago granted :), but it's not unprecedented.

10 hours ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

I don't think I'd call them identical. They are 2 different interiors. I do like the previous gen trucks better though. The only thing I really like on this is the wireless charging has been enlarged so that just about any phone will fit in the holder now.

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-High-Country-Interior-2018-Detroit-Auto-Show-001-Interior-Overview-1024x683.jpg

2015-Chevrolet-Silverado-High-Country-Interior-1024x573.jpg

Not "identical", but hardly more than a cosmetic change moving stuff around a bit.

No fundamental functional or style change to speak of.  Next refresh of the same-old design, not a whole-new generation for the interior, only the exterior.

That said, I like the interior in my MY19.  It's function is solid, it is very attractive, and it is very comfortable.  I'm lucky I didn't own the last gen though, I might feel like this wasn't worth putting new money down for same-old.  I was concerned about the acres of plastic at first, but after living with it for a while now, it's fine enough for me.

The wife's VW that cost half as much has a much more refined/sophisticated and elegant interior design though.  Bang for the buck she definitely won this round.

• Like 1