Dealer installed my all weather floor liners

I purchased a 2019 Denali Ultimate with the all weather floor liners.  My truck came with the smaller storage box under the rear seat and the dealer had installed the floor liners.  This past weekend I needed  to haul a larger box in the interior so I removed the storage box to find the dealer had hacked off about 9 inches of the floor liners.  I called them and was told that they always do this but I have a meeting with them this Friday to hopefully replace these. Needless to say I am ticked that they would do this to a $200 option. 

Floormat-2.jpg

Floormat-3.jpg

They have to trim for trucks that have the storage box.. this is been talked about. Not sure they need to trim that much (I think it's just passenger side)  Either way.. I don't see a problem with what they did to your truck.. assuming you keep the box installed most the time like many do..  

I realize this is the 2019 forum but I was curious so I pulled the cargo storage box out of my 2018 (with the all weather mats) and they were not cut. It appears the mats have a molded lip (like what you see in your pics) that the box sits in. I didn't see anything underneath the mats indicating they needed to be cut.

Again, this is on a 2018 so yours may be different.

4286a7fe1af83ef8c1650018d45e3d5b.jpg

The rear floor mats have a cut line on the backside to allow them to fit without tearing the storage box up. They can be installed without cutting them but they do require some

slight modifications to allow the storage box to be installed. You cannot remove them without the box being removed if they are not trimmed per the instructions.

Thanks guys for the comments.  I have tried to find the instructions for cutting them but so far had not found any.  You guys are what makes this forum so great.  BTW, this is a GREAT truck and I am very pleased with it.  Ride, SiriusXM radio and everything else is much better than my 2017 Denali.  Here is wishing you and yours the best Holiday Season ever.

I have a 2018 Sierra with the factory rear floor covers but No storage box. I would question cutting also. I have considered getting the under seat storage box and thought it would sit on top of the mat and within the molded groove. Congrats on the new truck. Love to see pics.

Edited by Birdwatcher62

if cutting them without asking the owner first is their procedure, they need to examine that procedure.  Even if the rear cover doesnt fit with the storage, you always ask the customer before hacking up something they paid for.  They better give you a new uncut cover or a couple free oil changes or something.  Thats just idiotic.

• Like 1

I received the Second-Row Interlocking Floor Liner for Christmas and just finished trimming and installing them.

After installing them I don't see much of an advantage for not cutting off the excess, as trimming them at the cut line still allows a few inches to slip under the front and end lip of the storage box. The storage box is formed with a bottom so if something in it should leak, it would be contained in the box and not get to the carpet. I suppose if you were hauling something bigger and/or dirty/greasy as the OP needed to do and required removal of the storage box then the added length would give your carpet a few more inches of added protection. But for me, if I need to haul something bigger and/or dirty,  I'll put it in the cargo bed and tarp it if needed. I doubt I'll ever remove the storage box.

So far the only "Con's" I can see are:

1. They could have given better installation instructions, ie; They could have said you needed to slip them under the lip of the storage box. I had gotten it in my mind the reason for cutting the mat was so that cut lip of the mat would fit flush with the front of the storage box and I was ready to cut a few more inches off to make them fit that way. Good thing I stepped back and took a closer look and realized the mat lip needed to go under the storage box lip!

2. With the back edge of the mat under the lip of the storage box I don't think it will be as easy to remove for cleaning as I had hoped they would be, it's doable, but not real easy. But, they do look like they'll be fairly easy to clean with a damp cloth with them left in place.

All in all, I like the mats, they're very nice looking and a precise fit.

• 7 months later...

The 2019 Silverado has a diagram on the back of the mats showing exactly where to cut them if you have the rear storage box installs. It does not however have a spot to cut holes in the mat for the box connections to the floor if you want to keep the trunk in and use the entire mat. Kinda bummer about that

45 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

Mine weren’t cut, they were put under the storage box.  

Classic body style? Or storage box must have been cut then?

I'm torn on what to do with mine.  Right now I have the storage box out and in the basement.  Not sure how functional it is.  The above picture has a lot cut off though.  Wow.

I do worry about cleaning though.  I like to take them out and hose them off but having to unscrew the tire iron is a bit annoying.

Edited by Maverick0984