Hi Everyone,

Just a simple question for regarding family members that work for GM...My brother in law worked (retired) for Dodge and I can get a rebate ( a few Bucks). Also my cousin worked( retired also) at GM and was wondering if anyone here has ever ( heard, used) this......I uess family members are also eligible...… Been a CHEV truck owner all my life, but I love to save a few bucks also..... 

Thanks for reading                          Dreaming of a 2019 LTZ    Satin Steel Metallic                   GH

Certain Family Members of an GM employee can receive the Employee Discount on GM vehicles. GM is running Employee Pricing for Everyone on certain models and years. Some dealers

are applying it to the 2019 Silverado. Just look at their website to verify. Some customers receive a rebate thru the mail and some get some type of Loyalty Bonus. Best thing to do

is ask the sales person if they have any cash on the hood to give.

The normal employee discount is just that, a discount, not a rebate. Usually on top of all other deals.

I receive GM Employee discount thru my wife's father. The employee can give out a certain amount of GM Employee discounts per year to spouse mother ,father, son, daughter, brother ,sister. Employee can also give out a friend/ family discount to other which is less of a discount than the earlier mentioned Employee Discount. Friends and Family is closer to GM Supplier Discount. Some times these discounts are NOT stackable with some rebates or bonus tag money. A few times I was able to negotiate a better deal not using the Employee Discount and better off taking large dealer discount , rebates and large bonus tag money. This doesn't happen often but on rare occasions it has worked out that way.

• Like 1

If your a veteran you can get the GM veteran discount which is $600 , I used it 

Something else to consider for the future (truck after the next one).  IF you use a credit card for anything consider the GM Card.  You earn 5% back in rewards on the purchase of new GM vehicles.  Usually the amount you can redeem is capped, but ever so often GM will uncap and even bump up the earnings.  Last time I bought I had over $3K in extra money from the GM card.  Obviously you have to manage the card and pay off balances or the interest would eat any earnings you might have, but if you are responsible with the card it is a perk no other manufacturer has to my knowledge.  

• Like 1

Yah, I got $3500 in GM points, seeing their capped, I use PayPal MC and earn 2% cash back on everything. You can transfer earnings anytime to PayPal account, then to your bank.

• Like 1

GM direct employees can give the discount to certain family members, even after retirement. While working at GM some/most salary employees get a voucher/rebate every 2 years now that they can use towards buying or leasing a vehicle. Its usually is between $500 and $3500 depending on your level and the vehicle your getting. The voucher is only for the employee themselves though. 

Also i have the GM extended family card, and they just emailed me this morning with their yearly $750 rebate on top of your earnings. 

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎26 at 3:28 PM, towdog333 said:

If your a veteran you can get the GM veteran discount which is $600 , I used it 

If your a veteran......the rebate should be 3000 minimum in my book. And thanks for your service sir!               GH