2” OEM suspension upgrade

Lep

not entirely true.....there is catch to warranty issue people are so afraid of, and if you use good stuff wouldn't have a worry in world...and fact they have to "prove" your part caused the issue.....most reputable lifts stand behind their products with their own warranty and many dealers use many different brands for selling new lifted vehicles right off the floor

everyone always ridicules the Rancho shocks in the Z71 package, but I've never once seen anyone explain from an engineering standpoint why. Anyone care to? I know nothing about shocks by the way. 

• 2 weeks later...

ebay sells them for bit cheaper usually if you want to go that route, think @ lapoolboy  paid $900 and change if I am not mistaken so that's pretty good deal

twin tube has smaller piston so less dampening ability, gas and oil are mixed so cavitation and aeration happen and oil capacity is reduced.....they are made for comfort it seems, lower cost to produce and less friction...…..

monotube has bigger piston, releases heat better has more dampening ability the gas and oil are separate has more oil capacity which means less heat and is more efficient at releasing the heat

the monotube has more pressure and dampening characterisitcs for weight and off road purpose of a truck

you can actually have a shock that is too soft but it offers a stiff or harsh ride because your blowing through the travel and riding in harsher part of the stroke more often …..

this is my understanding between the 2 anyway

Edited by Dunn