26 minutes ago, SS502 said:

I have the DeeZee mat and as posted, it's thick and fits perfectly. I do not see how it could fit any better and it will not come out even at highway speeds. I have a cover but I got mine after a friend who has no cover recommended it. I have the factory spray in too and stuff used to slide everywhere, not with this mat. Would recommend to my Mom if she had a truck....and yes I love my Mom LOL

Agreed. Great price for both form and function. I'm running the exact same setup.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ammoaddict said:

I searched for a discussion on bed mats but didn't find anything.

I need a mat for my 2018 Sierra to keep things from sliding around. It has the factory spray in liner.

I was wondering what some of you guys have and how you like them. I don't want to spend a lot of money on one either.

Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Factory mat over factory bed liner works very well. Have had the same mat now in the back of my 14, 16, and now 18, holding up very well over the years.

https://bedrug.com/bedrug-xlt-bed-mats/2017/gmc/sierra-1500

thats the carpeted one with attached tailgate. 

Edited with right link. 
I looked up the reviews on Amazon and found this one:

Verified Purchase

These are awesome. I screwed the tailgate part cause pulling stuff out in the oilfield Velcro don’t hold. Also great for sex. Lol

Plus 1 on the Dee Zee rubber mat on top of the factory spray in liner and it is reasonably priced. That's what I'm using on top of my factory spray in liner. 

• Like 3

Another bedrug user. If you wait long enough they show up on Amazon under the Amazon warehouse for under $100. Have it under a cover. Works great. Levels out the bed, provides padding. Would be great for making the bed more like a trunk that also works well with camping/sex as noted above. Not good for petroleum products as they can break down the fiber. The liner warns not to carry gasoline if I recall. 

Mine is the complete with tailgate extension. Highly recommended. 

Another bedrug user. If you wait long enough they show up on Amazon under the Amazon warehouse for under $100. Have it under a cover. Works great. Levels out the bed, provides padding. Would be great for making the bed more like a trunk that also works well with camping/sex as noted above. Not good for petroleum products as they can break down the fiber. The liner warns not to carry gasoline if I recall. 

Mine is the complete with tailgate extension. Highly recommended. 
Wow, they are $200 on Amazon right now. I would pay $100 in a heartbeat. I have never heard of Amazon warehouse. How does that work?

No pre-mix would rule me out, hence the Dee Zee.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, ammoaddict said:

Wow, they are $200 on Amazon right now. I would pay $100 in a heartbeat. I have never heard of Amazon warehouse. How does that work?

Look for the item you want. Check under used. Look for seller "Amazon Warehouse". Add that one to cart. Wait. Periodically they will lower the price until it sells. They are graded on condition by a third party and can vary but returns are free to include shipping on warehouse items. 

You can also narrow down automotive by your specific vehicle and then seller "Amazon warehouse". It will list all items that work for your vehicle sold by the warehouse. Bit more complicated that way but if you can point and click, then sort by seller. Make sure your truck has been added to your Amazon garage. 

Good luck. I get some good deals that way. My cargo topper was around $400 with msrp I think $800. Bedrug similar discount. Both arrived in great new condition. Likely bought for wrong bed length if I had to guess. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Capt Bob said:

No pre-mix would rule me out, hence the Dee Zee.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

When carrying petroluem I use a small plastic storage bin for my fuel containers and secure with a strap. Easy peasy.  

Look for the item you want. Check under used. Look for seller "Amazon Warehouse". Add that one to cart. Wait. Periodically they will lower the price until it sells. They are graded on condition by a third party and can vary but returns are free to include shipping on warehouse items. 

You can also narrow down automotive by your specific vehicle and then seller "Amazon warehouse". It will list all items that work for your vehicle sold by the warehouse. Bit more complicated that way but if you can point and click, then sort by seller. Make sure your truck has been added to your Amazon garage. 

Good luck. I get some good deals that way. My cargo topper was around $400 with msrp I think $800. Bedrug similar discount. Both arrived in great new condition. Likely bought for wrong bed length if I had to guess. 
I found it on Amazon but no option for used. Only said new from 42 sellers and Amazon warehouse was not on the list.

Just another vote for the BedRug.

I actually have the full one (covers the sides as well) but the one you are looking at is the same material just basically the bottom and tailgate sections.  The thing is great!  I actually leave mine in all the time without any issues under my tonneau but I had one on a previous truck with an open bed and hauled absolutely everything in it with out any problems or stains.

Go to a concrete/aggregate plant or industrial business and ask if they have any old rubber conveyor belting from crusher/asphalt plants. When the belts tear and get in bad shape, we put new ones on and pile the old stuff in the corner to rot. It's usually about 1/2" thick by 30+" wide and is designed for large sharp rocks to drop on it daily for years at a time. I just cut a few lengths off with a sharp broke knife and lay them in the beds of our work trucks. It costs nothing and will give you 10x the protection any bed mat on the market will, you can literally toss things in there without fear. I am happy when people want to take my garbage away for me, you shouldn't have any issues tracking some down. Save yourself $100 and give you something to do on a Sunday. 

Go to a concrete/aggregate plant or industrial business and ask if they have any old rubber conveyor belting from crusher/asphalt plants. When the belts tear and get in bad shape, we put new ones on and pile the old stuff in the corner to rot. It's usually about 1/2" thick by 30+" wide and is designed for large sharp rocks to drop on it daily for years at a time. I just cut a few lengths off with a sharp broke knife and lay them in the beds of our work trucks. It costs nothing and will give you 10x the protection any bed mat on the market will, you can literally toss things in there without fear. I am happy when people want to take my garbage away for me, you shouldn't have any issues tracking some down. Save yourself $100 and give you something to do on a Sunday. 
I actually made some mud flaps out of conveyor belt for an old Toyota truck. They worked great for a little while but then they started curling up on the sides.
It would make a good bed mat for protection. I just want something to keep things from sliding around in the new Sierra. I kept my old 02 F-150 for hauling crap in. The Sierra is just gonna be a weekend and vacation truck for right now.

I bought a Westin bed mat off ebay. Cost me $70 shipped. 

I have a plastic drop in bed liner and just trimmed the bed mat to fit in the plastic liner. Works good to keep stuff from sliding around.