Cold air intake system for the 6.2L

aha1987

5 hours ago, lt1z said:

I dont think you will see any that will produce worthwhile gains until tuning becomes available. The days if the 10hp no tune intake are over.

The usual suspects have exhaust available already with more on the way and not a single intake beyond GM. I dont really think any will do better then the GM though. Maybe looks wise. K&N doesn’t even have one yet but the big guys won’t put an intake that gains nothing on the market because it has to run the stock tune.

You should notify GM that with you first hand experience you believe they are wrong about how their intake performs/ecm update only netting 2 crank hp. Because if I was GM and found out ford has infiltrated the development and marketing team I would want to correct this.

You did see the product link I supplied right? The dual exhaust nets 13hp and 9 trq at the crank without an ecm update. Add the intake with the ecm update and that total becomes 15hp and 9 trq. 

I don't get how your not putting this together. I'm sure the product is great but don't lead people on this forum into believe their getting something their not.

Edited by M1ck3y

You should notify GM that with you first hand experience you believe they are wrong about how their intake performs/ecm update only netting 2 crank hp. Because if I was GM and found out ford has infiltrated the development and marketing team I would want to correct this.

You did see the product link I supplied right? The dual exhaust nets 13hp and 9 trq at the crank without an ecm update. add the intake with the ecm update and that total becomes 15hp and 9 trq. 

I have seen the gm literature yes. I have also seen reported power gains on many products for sale to not be accurate. You are quite good at posting links though. Keep up the good work!

7 minutes ago, lt1z said:

I have seen the gm literature yes. I have also seen reported power gains on many products for sale to not be accurate. You are quite good at posting links though. Keep up the good work!

I agree 100%. Every vehicle is different, but with this supposed, "tune" for the intake; it is making all vehicles operate within the spec that gm wants. Which nets your 2 horsepower.

I am very impressed with your ability to belittle me. It's only undermining any credibility you have, (random forum user) as it becomes more apparent your defending your stance because you purchased this product. And have no interest in supplying correct information to future buyers.

I'm done, I tried. The information is there; people can choose to believe what they want.

Edited by M1ck3y

I call it like I see it. Those who know...know. I only bought it because there are really only two parts available for a 2019 6.2 at this point so it will have to do until I have the ability to tune the ECM for more extensive modifications. Currently unknown ETA on that.

Perhaps of things slow down enough to put the truck on the dyno I will share results.

• 3 months later...

I just ordered this. It’s an AFEPower intake system for the new 2019 Sierra 1500 6.2. 

Its a pre order only, still in production. May 31st in the expected ship date. 

https://afepower.com/afe-power-50-70044r-momentum-gt-pro-5r-cold-air-intake-system#overview

if you look up on google for AFE coupons you can find a 10% off code and it worked. I got it for $405 instead of the listed $451. 

Its still over a month out. But I’ll post about results. 

• Like 1