Engine vibration

Saul81

Hello everyone, so I was online looking for anything that can explain why my truck vibrates. It looks like to me that its from the engine. I took it to dealer they said it's fine that's normal. They cleaned the throttle body and that's as far as they went with the issue. I see on this forum that most post are about vibration at mid to high speeds. I notice mine when I'm at a red light. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.:rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, Saul81 said:

Hello everyone, so I was online looking for anything that can explain why my truck vibrates. It looks like to me that its from the engine. I took it to dealer they said it's fine that's normal. They cleaned the throttle body and that's as far as they went with the issue. I see on this forum that most post are about vibration at mid to high speeds. I notice mine when I'm at a red light. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.:rolleyes:

There is an intermittent brief engine vibration/rough idle conditions when coming to a stop especially after you have been in V4 mode, say coming down an exit ramp off the highway etc.

It is more like a slightly rough engine idle feel. Most dealers say it is normal. It is basically all of the cylinders re-firing in V8 mode as you are stopped.

At least that is the explanation I was given some time ago when I brought it up to my dealer.

Just the nature of the beast with these EcoTech engines.

Truck is 2016 Chevy Silverado lt v6 4.3

Mile around 23,000 and they cleaned the TB. And I would notice when parked. Temperature would have to say after driving for 1 hour dont know tha exact temp.

2 minutes ago, Max salas said:

Where can I get the wiring harness for the center console for 2018 chevy Silverado 

I suggest starting a new thread with your question.

:)

23k and you needed tb cleaned. Makes me wonder how dirty the intake and heads are, oh and the valves... ugh. GM should just sell catch cans at the parts desk. Issue is the cleaner they run through them is well known to destroy the cats and o2 but that is well down the road. Anyways I'm not as good on the v6 but it sounds like a afm issue reason why after the catch can I disable that first.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Truck is 2016 Chevy Silverado lt v6 4.3
Mile around 23,000 and they cleaned the TB. And I would notice when parked. Temperature would have to say after driving for 1 hour dont know tha exact temp.
How long have you owed it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Do you feel it in the cab?
I would look at your motor mounts and transmission / transfer case mount.
Make sure there's nothing stuck in them like a rock or stick grounding the mount out.

Try full tank of highest octane fuel and add a whole large bottle of Marvel. Sometimes the fuel system just needs a good reboot. Seems like these trucks require more fuel maintenance and higher octane to run at their best. 

23k and you needed tb cleaned. Makes me wonder how dirty the intake and heads are, oh and the valves... ugh. GM should just sell catch cans at the parts desk. Issue is the cleaner they run through them is well known to destroy the cats and o2 but that is well down the road. Anyways I'm not as good on the v6 but it sounds like a afm issue reason why after the catch can I disable that first.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I didn't know that the 4.3 V6 had AFM..

5 hours ago, Hillwood said:

I didn't know that the 4.3 V6 had AFM..

Yes. Ecotec V6 will drop to V4 when possible to save fuel.

You could drive in M5 around town to keep truck in V6 and see if that makes a difference when coming to a stop. 

Guessing it may be motor mounts?

I've also heard of some people having bad injectors on some trucks. Some have reported it didn't throw a check engine light but when dealer did a flow test on injectors, they found one that was bad.