Cargo lights when unlocking with FOB

Left diode is for puddle lamp (on DL3 Mirrors) to follow interior dome lamps. This is a requirement for 2014 trucks that upgrade from DL8 Mirrors to DL3 Mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wanted to share what I found...this mod is awesome but my first choice of diodes was not. I ordered the right diodes but the first ones I ordered has a wire so thin it just slid right on through and didn’t seem to make contact...the second batch has a much thicker wire and worked perfectly. I’m not saying the thin won’t work but I don’t think they would have stayed in place even if I could get a good contact.

74FC2E96-B006-4DA5-9D02-3C8C365512C7.jpeg

4D6FD649-D0BE-45BF-A7F4-5A77BA7A1320.jpeg

Same diode for fog lights that’s with high beams on?  Better photo of exactly where it needs to go?
TIA

Yes. If you zoom into the pic, it’s the top slot, and two slots down from that one.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 3:24 PM, SS502 said:

I wanted to share what I found...this mod is awesome but my first choice of diodes was not. I ordered the right diodes but the first ones I ordered has a wire so thin it just slid right on through and didn’t seem to make contact...the second batch has a much thicker wire and worked perfectly. I’m not saying the thin won’t work but I don’t think they would have stayed in place even if I could get a good contact.

74FC2E96-B006-4DA5-9D02-3C8C365512C7.jpeg

4D6FD649-D0BE-45BF-A7F4-5A77BA7A1320.jpeg

That’s exactly the problem I had, my first order of diodes simply were so thin it would not make a good connection.  So the Chanzon were the ones that worked correct?  I will give these a look.  Thanks !

Edited by 4weight

2 hours ago, 4weight said:

That’s exactly the problem I had, my first order of diodes simply were so thin it would not make a good connection.  So the Chanzon were the ones that worked correct?  I will give these a look.  Thanks !

Yes Sir, nice and sturdy...Chanzon ?

PM me your address and I’ll send you a few of them. I needed 3 (not 3 for the mod, I ruined 2 of them) just because I kept bending them too much, finally did use needle nose and that worked much better but I’ll send you like 10 of them on Monday.

Edited by SS502

No worries. I get asked this question all the time.

5e1207f55fcd73d19c12abe13711a23b.jpg

I had to sacrifice a diode for its wires and solder them to the one I was using for the jump and it worked a lot better for me. Bifocals suck sometimes!IMG_3392.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 8:06 PM, CovetedStyle said:

Under the dash driver side

On 1/18/2019 at 8:22 AM, pgamboa said:

No worries. I get asked this question all the time.

5e1207f55fcd73d19c12abe13711a23b.jpg

That explains why I didn't see it in the engine bay. Thanks

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Spedelbrock said:

This is probably a stupid question but when installing the diode do you disconnect the battery? 

I didn't, didn't even have the truck running.  Just crawled under the dash, and started pushing the diodes into place.

• 1 year later...