In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Cargo lights when unlocking with FOB

On 12/28/2018 at 10:17 PM, pgamboa said:

Need a diode to have your cargo lights follow the reverse lights.

76b6e2fa1915cc3cfc7afe0e02954f85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the dl3 mirrors have those 4 reverse facing white LED's that follow what the cargo light switch does i assume the diode would also turn them on? 

Is there any way to have the reverse lights NOT come on at night when hitting unlock with the fob?

Reason i ask is i want the mirror lights to come on when in reverse but rather not have the reverse lights coming on when hitting unlock...

9 hours ago, Waffle34 said:

Since the dl3 mirrors have those 4 reverse facing white LED's that follow what the cargo light switch does i assume the diode would also turn them on? 

Is there any way to have the reverse lights NOT come on at night when hitting unlock with the fob?

Reason i ask is i want the mirror lights to come on when in reverse but rather not have the reverse lights coming on when hitting unlock...

DL3 mirrors are not tow mirrors.  You might be referring to DPN and DQS mirrors which are.  The reverse light coming on at night when you unlock the truck via key fob is a factory intended operation.  I believe there is a setting in your radio with how your exterior lights behave and might be able to turn that off specifically when unlocking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 3:46 PM, Alexquade said:

So just wondering, this will turn on the cargo lamps when unlocking, will it turn them on when reversing? What about when you turn on the cargo lights manually?

Turns cargos on with reverse.  Turn the diode around and it will turn the reverse lights on with the cargos.   If you want both to happen, use a wire instead of the diode.

Edited by Ravenkeeper

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, kyles1919 said:

Hi! Is this pretty simple? I am dumber than a plank when it comes to anything with wires.

Depends on which "this" you're referring to.  Diode/wire jumper?  It's fairly easy.  Found it easier with a set of jeweler's screwdrivers.  Used either the awl or smallest tip philips to work an opening in a corner for the diodes that I've installed.  If you use a wire jumper, get a 18-20 gauge SOLID wire to make the jump.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 6:36 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

Depends on which "this" you're referring to.  Diode/wire jumper?  It's fairly easy.  Found it easier with a set of jeweler's screwdrivers.  Used either the awl or smallest tip philips to work an opening in a corner for the diodes that I've installed.  If you use a wire jumper, get a 18-20 gauge SOLID wire to make the jump.

On 11/23/2021 at 6:52 PM, kyles1919 said:

I will be using a diode. i appreciate the response!