Should I get a transmission flush or just change?

Hello,

2011 Chevy Silverado ext.cab 5.3L  4x2 with 60k original miles (2nd owner) the original owner was an old man that never drove it and always took care of it. I bought it a year ago with 23k miles on it. Net less to say but yeah I drive a lot lol 

I don't do any heavy towing or "hard" miles, just drive about 65 miles a day on highway for work. My friends (non GM owners) keep telling me how great "flushing" you're transmission is and longer it makes it last. I've always changed my engine oil myself and I am pretty good mechanically, and don't really care about the work myself I just wanna see what real truck owners like on this topic. My last truck was a 05' Chevy and traded it in with 165,000 miles with NO problems mechanically so I really baby my trucks and take care of them, but this newer modal I'm still learning about and wanna do the best for the long haul again. Let me know what you guys think and what some big things to keep in mined with a 11' compared to my old 05'. 

Thanks guys! 

Troy

Tulsa, OK

IMG_0745.PNG

Nice truck.   Just drain and fill it with a new filter.   Flushing wouldn’t be bad either, but most places that flush a transmission will want to add cleaners and conditioners to the fluid.   Do not have any of those addded to the transmission fluid if you flush it.   Keep in mind the manufactures didn’t  come up with a flush machine, aftermarket fluid additive sales people did.  And your trans takes Dexron VI fyi.