Suggestions/experience on MPG improvement... Exhaust, CAI, etc?

aha1987

You can say it but you can't statistically support it. Not with a single data point. Not with such a small sample. Not without the comparison data. Not without a control set. Data sets like this are not like "I like pancakes".  :seeya: 
If you say so......Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

You can say it but you can't statistically support it. Not with a single data point. Not with such a small sample. Not without the comparison data. Not without a control set. Data sets like this are not like "I like pancakes".  :seeya: 

All I can say is that I got 17.66 US MPG on my 5.3L 2014 Denali over approx 20,000 miles. on the other hand I'm averaging 20.67 US MPG on my 6.2L 2017 HC over approx 28,000 miles. I have the data to prove it. I use the Road Trip app and record all the fill ups. 

What about fuel costs? Glad you asked. 2014 5.3 is 22.8 cents a mile, 2017 6.2 is 22.2 cents a mile which includes the cost of premium fuel.

Those are facts.

12 hours ago, KA0S said:

If you say so......Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Has no effect on my sleep but thanks for your concern. Below is an example of data collection, analysis and deduction that a hat can be hung on. A single point is meaningless. One can move their average around 20% with a change of wind, speed and direction. More with a driver change. Wife fetches about 22-25 mpg with her GMC. When I drive it it's over 27-30 mpg Such data misleads more that just yourself. Point made finer. 

3 hours ago, gmissed said:

All I can say is that I got 17.66 US MPG on my 5.3L 2014 Denali over approx 20,000 miles. on the other hand I'm averaging 20.67 US MPG on my 6.2L 2017 HC over approx 28,000 miles. I have the data to prove it. I use the Road Trip app and record all the fill ups. 

What about fuel costs? Glad you asked. 2014 5.3 is 22.8 cents a mile, 2017 6.2 is 22.2 cents a mile which includes the cost of premium fuel.

Those are facts.

And handy facts they are. Thanks you. :thumbs: Over such lengthy intervals even you habits are averaged. 

• 6 months later...

The AT4 will get worse MPG. The taller the truck and the bigger the tires, the lower the MPG. Also if you have a Denali, I believe the wheels are heavier which will also lead to worse MPG. 

Edited by lastr002

On 12/30/2018 at 5:16 PM, Mardo said:

I have an AT4 with 6.2 and my MPG went way up when I started using 93 octane with no ethanol from Walmart. I also have the factory cat back exhaust. 

You can buy gasoline without ethanol from Wal-Mart?!? Obviously you aren't in California.

Ethanol is the very reason why I drive to Mexico and fill her up. I see quite a bit of improvement in both mileage and performance, 2 mpg or even 3 mpg better.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:02 AM, Wiggums said:

You can buy gasoline without ethanol from Wal-Mart?!? Obviously you aren't in California.

Ethanol is the very reason why I drive to Mexico and fill her up. I see quite a bit of improvement in both mileage and performance, 2 mpg or even 3 mpg better.

I’m in Arkansas 

In the city or the burbs stop an go will kill your mpg, I have a house in the burbs an my mileage 

is 12 mpg, I also have a house in TN and it gets 18 to 20 mpg, and you get real gas there which helps

Heck, I am happy as is. 2019 RST 5.3 gets double what I was getting with my 2003 Silverado SS AWD (4:10 gearing). I just made a 20 hour round trip drive getting my son thru college new student orientation and got 24ish mpg.

13 hours ago, USNRet said:

Heck, I am happy as is. 2019 RST 5.3 gets double what I was getting with my 2003 Silverado SS AWD (4:10 gearing). I just made a 20 hour round trip drive getting my son thru college new student orientation and got 24ish mpg.

Wow! Did you really?

I'm averaging between 15-16 mph

But.....I'm only still on the 1st tank of gas lol, and haven't been on a trip yet. 

We will be going to Richmond, VA from Western NC in August though. That should leeme know what shes gonna do I reckon. 24mpg on a trip is freakin awesome imo

14 hours ago, USNRet said:

Similar experience here.  My 2003 Sierra Denali AWD/Supercharger gets about 13mpg freeway, 10 around town, on premium gas no less.  The 2019 High Country 6.2L is getting me around 15mpg around town, 25mpg freeway.  The 2003 is still more fun to drive tho. :uhoh:

-Dave