3 minutes ago, Coleman71 said:

I'm going back and forth between the Elite and a UPR. I like the stock syle connections of the UPR, but the mounting option (Spare battery box) of the Elite. I'm leaning toward a dual valve setup to catch as much as possible. Any thoughts on that? Sorry, should have replied to yours and 3tspapat in the same reply.

http://teamrxp.com/products/dual-valve-rx-catch-can-chevy-silverado-canyon-colorado-gmc-sierra-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-be5c84b1-28b1-4c23-815b-d5c83c9ef293

I have the dual and you can mount it in the spare battery area too. 

They are all great units IMO and can be placed anywhere as long as you run more hose. So it just depends on how much you want to spend and mounting location. You can purchase the stock style connectors separately as well.

9 minutes ago, 3tspapat said:

They are all great units IMO and can be placed anywhere as long as you run more hose. So it just depends on how much you want to spend and mounting location. You can purchase the stock style connectors separately as well.

https://www.mightymousesolutions.com

1 hour ago, Coleman71 said:

I'm going back and forth between the Elite and a UPR. I like the stock syle connections of the UPR, but the mounting option (Spare battery box) of the Elite.

Spare battery box area, regardless of brand, is bad for two reasons:
- Further from the engine heat = more condensation in the can.  You basically just have to empty the can more often for no reason.

- Harder to drain in that area.  So you have to drain more often in a harder place to drain.  Bad idea.

Elite was my #1 until I did my homework.  Connections were a joke compared to the UPR unit.  It was pretty clear the hose quality was inferior too.  It cost more too.  The more I read, the only reason the Elite was more popular is because it was more readily available first and the guy running the show there was very vocal about it being "the best."  Yet it isn't...

10 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

Spare battery box area, regardless of brand, is bad for two reasons:
- Further from the engine heat = more condensation in the can.  You basically just have to empty the can more often for no reason.

- Harder to drain in that area.  So you have to drain more often in a harder place to drain.  Bad idea.

Elite was my #1 until I did my homework.  Connections were a joke compared to the UPR unit.  It was pretty clear the hose quality was inferior too.  It cost more too.  The more I read, the only reason the Elite was more popular is because it was more readily available first and the guy running the show there was very vocal about it being "the best."  Yet it isn't...

I agree on the location to a point, I have not seen much if any condensation but I live in a warm climate...but I do 100% agree on the UPR connections being vastly superior. That's why my valve cover bridge hose is from UPR...looks clean. RXP sent me OEM connectors too, just liked the UPR hose.

I have the UPR dual with the larger check valves installed in default location off the brake booster. The connections and hoses are primo and I did have to modify slightly when not connecting it to the stock air box. The AFE CAI being different than OEM. Other than that i smile every time i drain the chocolate milkshake gunk out of that thing that otherwise would have been baked on my valves.

Edited by Pearl2017

How often are you draining yours? I just installed on a 5.3L a few weeks ago. The second UPR I ordered for a 6.2L just arrived today. Even if they don't work, they sure look pretty...but good that they do work.

Improves fuel economy and performance? 

Seems like this is a normal copy and paste claim by most aftermarket companies.

$200 for a catch can?

http://www.uprproducts.com/chevrolet-gm-billet-oil-catch-can-single-valve-silverado-62-14.html

I haven't really noticed any fuel economy or performance after install. I am tracking it though but too many variables and with the colder winter air, MPG is going south.

$200 for a catch can was also my thoughts prior to ordering. But after seeing it in person, touching it, looking at all its perfect curves, whispering sweet things to it and then gazing into its eyelets for prolonged period of time...I realized that it's worth the money...and then got another one.

I usually drain ever other month and get a few ounces but YMMV. ...what i suggest is you drain into  a container you can measure how much and with the interval get an idea how often it needs it.

I don't think the idea is you get better mileage or performance ...you just wont lose mileage or performance when the valves get all loaded up with carbon. It is a preventative measure.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I have since installed a dual valve UPR Catch can. The stock style connections and appearance sold me. I also got a Hypertech unit. My main reason for that is, I needed a CA legal "tuner" and I only had two options. I didn't get it for a tune, just to adjust my AFM, kick my limiter to 108 from 99, and I can adjust my tire size when I lift it. I can also reset to factory if i happen to need warranty work. This last weekend, at about 11,000, I also did a CRC Intake clean. No check engine light. Has anyone had issues with the CRC service?

• Like 1