UPR single side catch can install 2018 GMC Sierra 6.2.

17 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

Nice looking set up.  I thought I read somewhere that you were running a CSS, but I don't see one in that picture.  So the RXP comes with factory style fittings, but you make up your own hoses.  Does the UPR come that way or are they premade?

Here is the UPR valve cover bridge line, I couldn’t use it because it’s too thick to fit under the engine cover I’m putting on, it’s a high quality line with quality hardware. USPS damaged my engine cover so I’m waiting on a new one but the way I installed my setup there will be not interference with my lines.

5A8D21A0-C40C-414E-8D0A-15BB49544778.jpeg

Edited by SS502

well it's been about 200 miles on my centrafugal oil separator. so far so good. it's working great.. all i need to add is drain petcock and it's perfect, i also retained the stock valve cover breather connection, as i wasn't seeing much oil blowing thru the valve covers.. 

IMG-2899.JPG

Edited by flyingfool
  • Like 1

Had a lot of PMs asking about the fittings on top...they do not rub and by turning the can and adjusting the elbows as you tighten them, there is no rubbing whatsoever. Camera angles can skew the perception...same area different angles. 

AAEC11F7-EC80-462B-9B33-AC430C07EE9E.jpeg

E39EED1F-5FBF-463A-BB13-F2C11CF804AE.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mike GMC said:

I'm still trying to figure out if I need CSS or not.  I mostly use the truck as a commuter and for road trips.  I definitely use all of the throttle, but not all that often.

You can think of it sort of like this...I’ll use a weird analogy but it works. If you are on a strict diet and want fat eliminated from your daily intake, use a dual can set up like I have...fat free milk. If a little bit of fat is okay, use the can and CSS...2% milk. If you are just wanting a good glass of milk that doesn’t clog your arteries, just a can works...whole milk. If ya live on the edge, no can, but the occasional chemical cleaning...1/2 and 1/2. Now if you don’t care and plan on turning in that lease (not saying you lease), go for full on heavy whipping cream! 

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

Understood.  Thanks.

Seriously Mike, you will be good without the CSS but there will be others who say it’s a must. When I first bought mine I went ahead and ordered the CSS but I was informed that I’d be okay without it and a newer system was in the works. Well once it came out, literally a month after I got mine, I called and asked how much the upgrade to the two can setup would cost. They did my upgrade at no charge as long as I sent back the CSS. I did, it was a no brainer for me and with the dual can it eliminates the CSS anyway so no reason to keep it. They also made me a new bracket off my design and shipped it, all at no cost. I gave them permission to use my bracket design since I’m not in the catch can business ?

• Haha 1

Thanks again.  I wish I had opened my CSS on my old one after it was on for a while to see what was in it.  That would have given me an idea of what it was doing.  I looked at the dual can kit and it appears to be a little out of my price range.  I've decided to get another Elite setup like I have before with the CSS and a drain valve in the can.  E2-X I believe it is.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

Thanks again.  I wish I had opened my CSS on my old one after it was on for a while to see what was in it.  That would have given me an idea of what it was doing.  I looked at the dual can kit and it appears to be a little out of my price range.  I've decided to get another Elite setup like I have before with the CSS and a drain valve in the can.  E2-X I believe it is.

Mike, the thing with a CSS is it doesn’t really “catch” and retain oils/fuel/contamination...it seperates the oils/fuel/contamination and allows the air to continue to the air box, those oils/fuel/contamination simply drip back into the valve cover and back into the system. They do help but don’t “catch” and retain much. Whatever is caught doesn’t stay in it once it’s wet. In other words there is no can to collect anything.

Edited by SS502
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

That’s a good setup, you’ll be happy with it most assuredly :thumbs:

• Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:59 PM, Mike GMC said:

I bet you could restrain yourself from suck a crazy thing if you really tried ?

I'm still debating whether I need a CSS or not.  I don't do much heavy throttle, but it does happen occasionally.  I probably should just get the Elite kit with the CSS and be done with it.  That way I can mount it where ever I want.  I like UPR Factory hose fittings, but they are a bit restrictive.

Okay...I am restraining myself...I will go with this since I am retired AF and still work for them...been a great 38 years and counting. Should be an exact fit too 3 3/8 inch.

USAF.png

Here is a pic of catch can results after exactly 100 miles. Note that there is virtually no water but is does smell of gasoline. Mounting it on the fender did not create more water condensation at all. The oil has about 1500 miles on it.

F5A0789F-2BA7-40CB-BE05-985E98F41FE9.jpeg