Rear Camera - Not Very Clear?

Mine is the same, Nav screen is very poor as well. I called the GM tech line and they confirmed that there is no contrast setting. I'm going to bring it to the dealers attention but I doubt it's going to get me anywhere.

My registration came in today so I stopped at the dealer to pick it up, while there I showed my salesman the nav and backup screens, he agreed it looked like crap. We went to 2 other 19 Silverados and they were both the same. He said hopefully there will be a software update to fix the issue.

On 1/2/2019 at 8:34 PM, eppieguy said:

My registration came in today so I stopped at the dealer to pick it up, while there I showed my salesman the nav and backup screens, he agreed it looked like crap. We went to 2 other 19 Silverados and they were both the same. He said hopefully there will be a software update to fix the issue.

Not trying to troll here but to be realistic, yeah software updates won't fix cheap hardware issues like budget cameras and low resolution infotainment screens..  Like i said in other post here, i bet anything the infotainment setups in the 2019's are the same tech only with refreshed software ui's as the one in my 2014 when they started putting them in these trucks.

That's why people here like me with 14 and up models are disappointed to see the same shortcomings with the 14-18 models present again in the 19's! This setup should of been completely revamped for the 19's and made to compete with the now tesla style setup the competition has.

The infotainment units are the new Gen 3 boxes for the trucks [They have been installed in other GM products] with RPO codes IOR, IOS and IOT. They are faster and come with more memory.

The cameras are better than the previous models. There are hiccups that GM needs to correct somehow.

8 hours ago, Rocz3cqg said:

The infotainment units are the new Gen 3 boxes for the trucks [They have been installed in other GM products] with RPO codes IOR, IOS and IOT. They are faster and come with more memory.

The cameras are better than the previous models. There are hiccups that GM needs to correct somehow.

I don't agree. My 2015 SLT Sierra was 10 times better than this... even at night.

I found that there is some sort of interference when the lights are on with the cameras image on the infotainment screen. If you want to try it turn off your lights while backing up by rotating the light  knob CCW. You will see a much better image. 

Not sure what about the lights causes the interference yet. Possibly power lines to lights and camera lines are in the same bundle?