Rear Camera - Not Very Clear?

4 hours ago, DougFL said:

A software update for the Camera and Infotainment system was just released.  Check your Setting, About and you should have Build V509

Do they roll this out slowly?  I just checked for updates and it said No updates Available. V507 is what I have.. 

My camera is very clear during the day, much clearer than my K2 was.  At night, it's a little grainy but not that bad.  I've actually had a friend comment on it saying "damn that's a clear camera".  I do have the IOS rpo code radio which is one of the top versions with HD rear camera.  Do u have the HD camera or the regular one?

Edited by z1boss

6 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

I would have no idea which camera I have, where would I go to find out?

What kind of truck is yours and do you have Convenience Package 2? You only get the the HD back up camera with convenience package 2 which comes with the better radio.  An easy way to check if you have convenience package 2 is if you have the power rear sliding window on your rear windshield.  If you do then you have the package, if not then you dont have it.

Screenshot_20190112-224309_Drive.jpg

Edited by z1boss

33 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

I have a HC and I have the power sliding window. 

Then yours should be the HD one.  Not sure why it's not clear.  Maybe you got a defective one or they installed the wrong one?  Only other thing I can think of is that it's a little dirty(like has some dust on it)  and maybe that's affecting the clarity.  Idk to be honest

Edited by z1boss

10 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

Do they roll this out slowly?  I just checked for updates and it said No updates Available. V507 is what I have.. 

You can force the update if available.  Go to Settings and scroll down to Updates and then select Check for Updates.  It will tell you if an Update is available and give you the option to download.  Also, make sure you have selected to have Updates automatically downloaded.

8 hours ago, z1boss said:

Then yours should be the HD one.  Not sure why it's not clear.  Maybe you got a defective one or they installed the wrong one?  Only other thing I can think of is that it's a little dirty(like has some dust on it)  and maybe that's affecting the clarity.  Idk to be honest

IDK either, it’s not dirty and when I went back to the dealer they took me out to 2 other trucks and their Back Cams looked the same as mine, we didn’t try the nav because the data cards weren’t installed. I drove a 14 HC Friday and both the nav and back up screens were better than my 19. 

15 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

Are the updates available even if you don’t subscribe to Onstar and don’t have the WiFi plan?

I am not sure, but logically, how could you get an update to your Truck without any Data connection.  Did you try setting up a WiFi Hotspot to your Home WiFi network or Phone?

28 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

Are the updates available even if you don’t subscribe to Onstar and don’t have the WiFi plan?

Go into settings and ask it to update.  It will let you know.

Onstar is always connected to the truck whether you are subscribed or not..  Maybe it uses the same connection.

Edited by O Town Denali

11 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

I assume they roll it out like the Phone providers. My unit says no update available also. I just force update the unit every day to see if one is available.

14 minutes ago, DougFL said:

I am not sure, but logically, how could you get an update to your Truck without any Data connection.  Did you try setting up a WiFi Hotspot to your Home WiFi network or Phone?

I did, I used my phone for a hotspot but from what the screen said is the truck has to be off for it to update and once you turn the truck off the hotspot turns off. Maybe it’s alread downloaded but not installed? Who knows.

23 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

I did, I used my phone for a hotspot but from what the screen said is the truck has to be off for it to update and once you turn the truck off the hotspot turns off. Maybe it’s alread downloaded but not installed? Who knows.

Go to Settings, System, About.  It will show the latest update.