Silverado Rough Ride

I'm coming from a 2018 ZR2 and the ride in the Silverado is very bouncy and rough compared to the smooth as silk ZR2. I have never felt a vehicle ride this bouncy that didn't have bad struts. Do any of you have the same experience?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have a 2019 Silverado HC with Z71 option. The vehicle rides better than my former 2016 Silverado LTZ Z71. Does it ride better that a GMC Denali....No or a Ram high end Truck....No but the Silverado

is very tight on the road and very solid under me. The ride is quiet and comfortable. Bouncey? Nope.

• Like 2

Check your tire pressure.

Mine was delivered with excessive pressure in the tires. When I dropped it to 35 psi (factory specs) the ride quality improved quite a bit.

Someone on here had the same issue which is why I checked it.

+2 on the tire pressure.

Most factory trucks come with 40+

Although a very minute MPG loss will take place airing down, the tradeoff in ride quality is worth it :thumbs:

Also, your ZR2 had the Multimatic DSSV shocks which are Supreme compared to the typical factory Tenneco brand shocks that come on the K2 and T1 trucks.

+2 on the tire pressure.
Most factory trucks come with 40+
Although a very minute MPG loss will take place airing down, the tradeoff in ride quality is worth it :thumbs:

Also, your ZR2 had the Multimatic DSSV shocks which are Supreme compared to the typical factory Tenneco brand shocks that come on the K2 and T1 trucks.
I have the Z71 package but Rancho shocks are probably not much better than the non Z71 shocks. Wish we could buy the DSSV shocks for the Silverado.

So I drove AT4 and thought I was going to change my mind on buying a General Motors vehicle after the test drive. It was bouncing all over the road so much so That well on a and ramp I thought it wasn't safe. However the vehicle had not been properly taken in for service yet as it was the 1st AT4 in the area. I don't know if this is true but I was told they ship them with blocks Somewhere around the axle. Another thing that could have happened was the bolts were not completely secure down holding the rear end to the leaf Springs.

In the end I went to another dealer and test drove a trail boss and the denali and 2 weeks later they got in AT4 so I drove that to. Even got to off road it a little bit because I was worried about buying a vehicle that bounced around. everything else drove amazing. In the end I ordered AT4 which is to be built on the 14th of January.

1 hour ago, cbpagent72 said:

I have the Z71 package but Rancho shocks are probably not much better than the non Z71 shocks. Wish we could buy the DSSV shocks for the Silverado.

The Ranchos are junk. They are made by Tenneco. Not the same Ranchos of years past.

I switched mine out for Bilstein 5100s and could not be much happier without breaking the bank.

DSSV Multimatic's are not available for K2 or T1

On 1/4/2019 at 10:41 AM, cbpagent72 said:

I'm coming from a 2018 ZR2 and the ride in the Silverado is very bouncy and rough compared to the smooth as silk ZR2. I have never felt a vehicle ride this bouncy that didn't have bad struts. Do any of you have the same experience?

GM's full-size trucks tend to have a firm ride. The 2019 ride slightly better than the previous K2 trucks, but they still have a suspension tuning meant to give the truck enough capability. Generally speaker the softer the ride, the less payload/towing capacity. Z71's will have a firmer, rougher ride due to the twin-tube shocks. 

Mine were at 45psi, but I got 22s so I assume the dealer is responsible after remounting the tires from transit wheels.  Little bumpy but handled better in corners! :)

Seems like the kind of thing PDI must cover anyway?   It's likely your dealer is either the one who did it or they are sloppy in their PDI.

I'm in the market for a new truck and drove a 2018 High Country, 2018 Denali and a 2019 LTZ Z71 yesterday. The 2019 was bouncing much more and the rear end even went sideways on a few bumps on the same route I drove the others. In both the 18's the bumps weren't even noticeable. It really turned me off on the '19. I was really wanting to like it.