I replaced my 2015 GMC today

They totalled my 15 Sierra SLT AT so I got a replacement today.  I picked up a new 18 Silverado LTZ Z71 crew cab.  I got a decent deal at $13k off of MSRP..  It's very well optioned and even has the GM soft folding tonneau cover, spray in liner and splash guards front and rear.  It's pretty much exactly how I would have optioned it except it has the lane keeping and automatic braking.  It's Cajun red with black interior.  I'll try and post some pics.tomorrow, it dark here already.

I do miss the removable cup holder, it sucks that they took that away.  I do like the cooled seats, nav and Android auto though.  I think these seat are even more comfortable than my 15, and I thought those were nearly perfect for me.

• Like 4

You can get the removable cupholder if you order the 2014-15 version. I did that to mine when I went from a 2015 to an 18. GM Part number: 23467111. Mine is an LTZ with the Grand Mojimi color. I would imagine your's is the same.

When I dumped the awful fake wood trim and replaced t with the GM Synthesis, it got me the removable cup holders too.  Perfect upgrade.

13k off MSRP though, should have done some more shopping around.  You left a few grand on the table for a '18.

3 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

When I dumped the awful fake wood trim and replaced t with the GM Synthesis, it got me the removable cup holders too.  Perfect upgrade.

13k off MSRP though, should have done some more shopping around.  You left a few grand on the table for a '18.

If this was last week I’d agree....a ton of the incentives expired on 1/2/19.  All things considered, $13k off “today” is a pretty good deal.

I think you’d have a tough time finding $15-16k off sticker now that the employee pricing promo is over.  Dealers don’t sell at a loss (very often)....those massive lots aren’t free!

• Like 1

This truck was still advertised with December incentives.  They had forgotten to change the price online.  They honored the price.  I may have been able to do a little better eventually, but I still feel like I got a good deal.  This truck stickers at 56.8k and it has a ton of options.  I'm happy.

Here's a pic:

1546805406326434660904.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, LantanaTXSilverado said:

If this was last week I’d agree....a ton of the incentives expired on 1/2/19.  All things considered, $13k off “today” is a pretty good deal.

I think you’d have a tough time finding $15-16k off sticker now that the employee pricing promo is over.  Dealers don’t sell at a loss (very often)....those massive lots aren’t free!

Laura GMC has my exact truck in-stock:  https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/new-2018-GMC-Sierra_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_SLT-Collinsville-IL/3310945913

$45,023 out the door.  I added floor liners to mine ($190) and got it for $44,055 out the door.  So only $1,158 more expensive now.  Sticker is $60,845 before any discounts.  That means their current deal is $15,822 off.

2 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

This truck was still advertised with December incentives.  They had forgotten to change the price online.  They honored the price.  I may have been able to do a little better eventually, but I still feel like I got a good deal.  This truck stickers at 56.8k and it has a ton of options.  I'm happy.

Here's a pic:

1546805406326434660904.jpg

They would not have "honored" the price if they weren't OK with it. Maybe pulled some sort of shenanigan with paperwork dating.  Dealers make pricing "mistakes" all the time.

50 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

Well, if they still made some money, I'm ok with that.  I was there to buy a truck, not make them lose money.  Like I said, I'm happy and feel like I got a decent deal.

You can bet the deal was good for them, that's how things go. If you're happy that's all for the better. One of the mantras is "If you think you got a good deal you got a good deal."

1 hour ago, Nitrousbird said:

Laura GMC has my exact truck in-stock:  https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/new-2018-GMC-Sierra_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_SLT-Collinsville-IL/3310945913

$45,023 out the door.  I added floor liners to mine ($190) and got it for $44,055 out the door.  So only $1,158 more expensive now.  Sticker is $60,845 before any discounts.  That means their current deal is $15,822 off.

Different truck than the OP....GMC and Chevrolet run different published promotions and factory to dealer promotions.  Bottom line is that several of the published rebates dissapeared on 1/2/19 for 2018 Silverados.  Good for the OP to hold the dealer to advertised pricing.  I noticed the Z71 LTZ here in DFW didn't have quite the discount as the LTZ 4x4.  While shopping for mine the best I saw was around $13-14k of of finance with GM to get the additional $1500 rebate.

I pulled the trigger on mine  (LTZ 4x4 CC) on 12/24.  54,765 sticker, paid $37,999.  On Jan 2nd all of the remaining stock went up by roughly $2-3k when the Chevy Employee Pricing special expired.  This was true for at least 4 dealers I track here in the DFW area.  No BS, straight internet pricing dealerships.

2 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Sorry to hear about your old truck, at least you are ok.  Congrats on the new one and good choice on color, I prefer black but that is my second choice. :)

Thanks.  This is my second favorite color as well.  I prefer the stone blue, but it just couldn't locate one near me.  With all the threads on here about the Chevy shake and poorly mannered 8 speeds, I would never buy one without a good test drive.  So long distance travel was out.  I out over 30 miles on this one on the test drive and had it over 85 mph on the highway.  This one has no shakes and the trans seems smooth as can be.

• Like 1

Congratulations on the new 2018!

Did you consider the 2019 new generation?

I am happy with my 18 but if GM does a good mid cycle refresh on the T1XX I may reconsider. 

Mike I think you got a decent deal.  I just got an 18 LTZ myself for just over 13K off (not including $1500 finance rebate as I paid cash).  Laura in IL is not the end all be all for everyone.  Not everyone can pick up and fly there to make the deal for an extra couple grand.  The Boston area is horrible for car deals and I searched long and wide and "most" regular dealers were dishing out 15 - 18% off MSRP with all the discounts (and will watch you walk away) and I ended up with 24% off.  It's what the market will bear in my area. 

Enjoy your new truck.

• Like 1

I'd think about a 19, but the prices were about 10k more for a similar options.  I also prefer the K2 styling, so I'm very happy to have found one I like.  I looked at a couple while looking for this one.  They do look a little better in person though.

• Like 2