Good Afternoon fellow 6.2L enthusiasts.

I apologize if this sounds like a commercial or a rant. I just like to share what I've experienced and discovered. 

So, I don't know about you, but I've been searching for a way to cram more air into my L86 that won't break the bank. I've done hours upon hours looking for the perfect bolt on's or practices that will help the block breath deeper. 

I've learned that swapping intake manifolds are not worth it however, porting makes it one bad ass manifold. (which i've done)

I threw on an AFE CAI and that really helped get the air moving. (momentum GT pro 5R)

Headers and a bigger full exhaust helps get the flow rolling. (I'm rocking TSP 1 7/8 Headers with a  3.5" full exhaust (catted with Cal Cats) and a Flowmaster Pro series Muffler)

Cylinder Heads and a Cam shaft will transform your truck. (going with TSP Heads and a Trick Performance Cam package)

And a basic tune wakes these bad boys up. (local dyno-tuner)

That being said after the above you're looking anywhere between 430-530 HP N/A. Obviously the Cam specs are going to swing that number. 

Now, The one thing that I have NOT been able to find is a Larger Throttle body that will fit the L86 Stock Manifold. So I did what most have done and ported that sucker out. The only issue is it will never be larger than 87mm. Until this came along.

https://www.bbkperformance.com/92mm-throttle-body-14-18-corvette-camaro-lt1.html

FYI slight modification is required to the stock Manifold. You need to shave the base of the Vacuum port as well as the MAP sensor base for the frame to fit. Once that is done you're rocking.

IMG_2412.thumb.jpeg.6da6f0fb3afd00dd4aa75f0df105717d.jpegIMG_2413.thumb.jpeg.de9957819234a7fa613aa72387e1fd08.jpeg

I was able to Port match the TB Bore to the manifold inlet and smooth out the transition. Honestly I can immediately feel the difference. When I get a little bandwidth I will throw on some videos of Cold/warm starts, take offs etc. 

IMG_2411.thumb.jpeg.cc8e6e198ad91524113b71e00f3a4db2.jpegIMG_2409.thumb.jpeg.a08db069853290bd7d70280bb3d05dd5.jpeg

If you have any questions feel free to reach out!

Edited by DenaliX14

How much did you have to take out of the tb opening to match the new tb? Numbers would be awesome, BBk doesn't claim any more power then a ported throttle body so it kind of turned me off the idea, especially when you have to port match the manifold. But they don't have any charts either.

I did a ported 95mm for the new ZR1 LT5 and ported L86 intake (along with headers with cats, flex fuel sensor, and flex fuel tuning).  I also have a AFE momentum gt cai but cut the step down off so it match the tb inlet.  Nice upgrades!!

IMG_20181213_133642.jpg

rps20190108_220154.jpg

rps20190108_220410.jpg

rps20190108_220335.jpg

16 hours ago, Denali_King said:

I did a ported 95mm for the new ZR1 LT5 and ported L86 intake (along with headers with cats, flex fuel sensor, and flex fuel tuning).  I also have a AFE momentum gt cai but cut the step down off so it match the tb inlet.  Nice upgrades!!

IMG_20181213_133642.jpg

rps20190108_220154.jpg

rps20190108_220410.jpg

rps20190108_220335.jpg

Ports look good. Can you measure the Inlet (pre blade) and Bore (post Blade) of the ZR1 TB? I want to make sure I didn't waste money with a smaller TB!!!!!  Also, Did you have to go with a gasket instead of the Green Ring (seal)?

16 hours ago, M1ck3y said:

How much did you have to take out of the tb opening to match the new tb? Numbers would be awesome, BBk doesn't claim any more power then a ported throttle body so it kind of turned me off the idea, especially when you have to port match the manifold. But they don't have any charts either.

So you can do either or. File down the base just until the TB can fit, or file down the TB on the side and corner until it fits. Not much at all maybe 1-2 mm worth. Does NOT effect the sensors at all. 

Sorry misread that. For the actual Intake manifold I had to take quite a bit OUT to remove the "bump" or difference from TB to Intake. 

Edited by DenaliX14

28 minutes ago, DenaliX14 said:

Ports look good. Can you measure the Inlet (pre blade) and Bore (post Blade) of the ZR1 TB? I want to make sure I didn't waste money with a smaller TB!!!!!  Also, Did you have to go with a gasket instead of the Green Ring (seal)?

Made a gasket.  Tb is on the truck so no I can't measure it.  I have $450 in this tb.  

15 hours ago, Denali_King said:

Made a gasket.  Tb is on the truck so no I can't measure it.  I have $450 in this tb.  

No worries. I ended up buying a ported one from Lingenfelter. I’ll end up measuring them all and post the differences. Stock, ported stock, BBK and ZR1 style. 

On 1/8/2019 at 10:27 PM, M1ck3y said:

Ported throttle body depends entirely on your mods. On a stock motor it will likely do absolutely zilch because it’s not a bottle neck.

If you have fbo, cam, ported heads, then it’s a no brainer.

• Like 1