This sounds like the cost can add up pretty quick if you do H/C/I, full bolt ons, and E85 conversion. Are you still cheaper than a basic supercharger kit? Like a 1.9L Magnusson or D1SC Procharger? They will put down a little over 400 to the wheels in stock L86 trim at 8lbs. Sounds like you are probably almost beating that by the time you do your H/C. Cool thread, thanks for the info. 

Why would you spend 4,500 to 5,000 dollars on supercharger to only put down 400 to the wheels.  When you can spend much less and get more power.  If I spent 5,000 on a supercharger for my 6.2 and only put 400 rwhp down.  I would take it off and throw it through the window of the shop that sold it to me.

New 6.2's with 

Speed engineering headers 399.00

custom HP tuner tune 250.00

E85 convertion 355.00

modify stock air intake FREE free free

Will put down 420 to 430 rwhp

For 1004.00

Now I love superchargers but for only 400rwhp i would pass.

Blue is mine with Afe Cai, ported stock tb, ported MSD intake manifold, 1 7/8" headers with high flow cats, stock cat back, and e85.   Red is stock L86 intake and tb with 1 3/4" headers, high flow cats, and a cat back.  Now have ported L86 intake and ported LT5 tb on it.  

16 Denalli SIM vs 17 GMC MSD.jpg

Edited by Denali_King

Denali-king

What kind of loss in MPG did you see when you switched to E85.  Right now my 2014 6.2 averages 15.7 or so on my daily drive to work and back.  I"m also on 34" tires so I"m happy with that.  It's up from 13.8 to 14.2 from my 2008 denali with the old 6.2 with headers and other bolt-ons.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:43 AM, JONBLARC7 said:

Denali-king

What kind of loss in MPG did you see when you switched to E85.  Right now my 2014 6.2 averages 15.7 or so on my daily drive to work and back.  I"m also on 34" tires so I"m happy with that.  It's up from 13.8 to 14.2 from my 2008 denali with the old 6.2 with headers and other bolt-ons.

17+mpg at 75-80mph on e85.  Mixed is around 13-14. Mine is V8 all the time. I don't pay much attention to mileage.  

I remember seeing a video blog on youtube where a guy , swapped the 6.2 manifold onto his 5.3. , i will have to search this and confirm.. this would make going to the larger 6.2 throttle body easier 

OK so yes a L86 manifold will bolt right up to the L83!  also exlpaines TB -re-learn

Edited by flyingfool

• 2 months later...

people might be misinformed, it's been around for awhile. you can buy a ported L86 manifold and throttle body from gwatney, a ported throttle body from katech or lingenfelter, or a get the overpriced partial carbon fiber cold air intake and 103MM throttlebody from weaponxmotorsports. LS series block's are generation IV and LT series blocks are generation 5's. most of items from the other blocks can be adapted to be used on the L83 and L86, like the LT4 supercharger from the corvette and cts-v. 

• 9 months later...
On 1/8/2019 at 11:08 PM, Denali_King said:

I did a ported 95mm for the new ZR1 LT5 and ported L86 intake (along with headers with cats, flex fuel sensor, and flex fuel tuning).  I also have a AFE momentum gt cai but cut the step down off so it match the tb inlet.  Nice upgrades!!

IMG_20181213_133642.jpg

rps20190108_220154.jpg

rps20190108_220410.jpg

rps20190108_220335.jpg

DId you port the intake yourself?  Any tips/suggestions on doing it, I think I'm going to tackle mine soon.