Infotainment screen problems

5 hours ago, KozzyJr said:

Your welcome. Not gonna lie you made me chuckle pretty good today. In all seriousness tho, guys are buying a new model year truck experience some issues come to a forum and rant about issues. It’s a risk you take. I know I’ve been there when I purchased my 2014 and now my 2018 L5P. Life’s too short to bitch and complain about. In the end it’s just a truck and it’s just money, trucks can be replaced and money can be made. Don’t sweat the small stuff. That’s what warranty and the dealers are for. If your not getting the survice or the dealer is dicking you around change dealers. Everyone has that option. If that still not solving issues switch brands. I hope your dealer and everyone else that has a 2019 gets there trucks all solved and taken care of. I didn’t mean to cause any waves. 

Didn't realize that I was ranting or raving about anything. Simply asking others if they were experiencing the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Booger T said:

Didn't realize that I was ranting or raving about anything. Simply asking others if they were experiencing the same thing.

Not once did I mention any names in this thread. Don’t realize how some people on this forum take things so personal and literary. It’s called a figure of speech. Or is it I’m too old and the young population these days takes everything to heart. I guess I’m just an old grumpy fart. 

9 hours ago, KozzyJr said:

Not once did I mention any names in this thread. Don’t realize how some people on this forum take things so personal and literary. It’s called a figure of speech. Or is it I’m too old and the young population these days takes everything to heart. I guess I’m just an old grumpy fart. 

Lol you came to make trouble and now you're all sensitive about the trouble you got.  That's how trouble works man, relax.

• 7 months later...
10 hours ago, Katrina said:

Is anyone having issues with the 2019 Sierra radio stating “tuner unavailable”? We just got the truck back from the dealer for a different warranty issue. A new steering column replaced and rack and pinions replaced. Now radio doesn’t work. Thanks!!! 

Not a thing hoss.- hossette 

Mine has been 100% thus far.

I wander when your 19 was made?

Was it before or after March 2019?

Edited by MacLaren
Gender correction

On 1/15/2019 at 3:43 PM, KozzyJr said:

Your welcome. Not gonna lie you made me chuckle pretty good today. In all seriousness tho, guys are buying a new model year truck experience some issues come to a forum and rant about issues. It’s a risk you take. I know I’ve been there when I purchased my 2014 and now my 2018 L5P. Life’s too short to bitch and complain about. In the end it’s just a truck and it’s just money, trucks can be replaced and money can be made. Don’t sweat the small stuff. That’s what warranty and the dealers are for. If your not getting the survice or the dealer is dicking you around change dealers. Everyone has that option. If that still not solving issues switch brands. I hope your dealer and everyone else that has a 2019 gets there trucks all solved and taken care of. I didn’t mean to cause any waves. 

People come to this great forum to ask about problems because they are seeking to educate themselves before a dealer trip.  No need to show distain for posters.

On 9/15/2019 at 9:59 PM, Katrina said:

Is anyone having issues with the 2019 Sierra radio stating “tuner unavailable”? We just got the truck back from the dealer for a different warranty issue. A new steering column replaced and rack and pinions replaced. Now radio doesn’t work. Thanks!!! 

If the other inputs USB, phone etc  work might be they disconnected and forgot to reconnect the radio cable portion of the antenna, or screwed up the connections with the rear radio buttons when reinstalling the steering wheel.

On 9/15/2019 at 8:59 PM, Katrina said:

My Chev TB LT did this a couple of days ago.  I was in the garage leaving for work.  I assumed it was because I was in the garage and didn't have a good XM signal.  After I backed out the radio came on fine.  I also read somewhere that XM may be having some signal issues.  Mine's not done it since.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2019 Colorado.  The entertainment system "usually" reboots about a minute after I start the truck.  If the system was playing a song via bluetooth it will come back playing both the radio and the song on my iPhone (interesting).  I took it to the dealer and in three days they could not reproduce.  To be clear I kept statistics (because I was worried about the unable to reproduce problem ) and it was well above 95% of starts this happened.  Now with that said, they did not have my iPhone.  This leads me to believe that it may have something to do Bluetooth.  I thing when the phone connects it uploads its address book and perhaps other things to the entertainment system and perhaps this is going back.  Now that I have it back (unresolved) im going to start playing with bluetooth off/on etc.  Truck had all the newest software (via over the air updates) so theoretically no change was made at the dealer when it wasn't being fixed.  We will see.  Clearly these kinds of things are not Chevys strong point ? . That said i love the truck.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:28 PM, lebag335 said:

My Chev TB LT did this a couple of days ago.  I was in the garage leaving for work.  I assumed it was because I was in the garage and didn't have a good XM signal.  After I backed out the radio came on fine.  I also read somewhere that XM may be having some signal issues.  Mine's not done it since.

this is absolutely because you were in the garage. You’ll find with XM anytime you have a structure over head that’ll happen. 

• Thanks 1

I purchased my new LTZ a week or so ago and this morning, the radio would not emit any sound. Pulled up XM and local stations, but no sound would come out. I got out of the truck and it sat for about an hour or so, and when I got back in it, everything worked fine. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Infotainment system crashes, goes completely black, no power, nothing.  Inconsistent, at best. Dealer doesn’t have a clue.  4300 miles on 2019 Sierra.  Very disappointed.  Assistant Mgr told me my I phone might be causing the problem (lmao).  It crashed again last night with my phone turned off....

Heading back to the dealer this morning.

Edited by Capt Jim
Add

17 hours ago, Capt Jim said:

Infotainment system crashes, goes completely black, no power, nothing.  Inconsistent, at best. Dealer doesn’t have a clue.  4300 miles on 2019 Sierra.  Very disappointed.  Assistant Mgr told me my I phone might be causing the problem (lmao).  It crashed again last night with my phone turned off....

Heading back to the dealer this morning.

On 1/20/2020 at 11:34 PM, Thien Tran said:

Mine randomly restarts all the time. I find it happens more when I have it plugged into Apple car play. I’ve also had the blue screen of death twice when I put truck in reverse. I really do think I have a short or poor ground connection.

I have the same problem. Less than 1000 miles on my 2020 Custom though. Crashes periodically when I am using apple play.