In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I just bought a 1991 Chevy C70 Kodiak C7H042 6.6L 403 CUI Diesel in amazingly great condition. I am now the 3rd owner of this dump truck. The first owner took great care of the vehicle, everything thing appears to be well maintained and no shade tree work. All the parts, wiring and accessories appear to be original and well maintained. However, the second owner bought this truck and never used it. It has sat in a field for about four years. To get to the point, I completely serviced the truck and replaced the batteries, checked the fuses, grounds, relays and I have absolutely no power to the truck. No interior or exterior lights and no lights on the instrument panel. What could be the issue?

IMG_2986.JPG

IMG_2987.JPG

IMG_2988.JPG

An ignition switch fixed the issue

Posted (edited)

I know this is an old thread, but which fuse was it that caused this issue? I am having the same problem.

Edited by Greentango

A new key ignition switch fixed this issue. 

thumbnail_IMG_3291.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By kelly.marshall70
      I just got a 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax 6.6 L.  4WD.  I have been driving a gasoline 8.1L Silverado of same year and size, but 2wd.  I know nothing about diesel trucks and want to be sure to take care of it as best i can.  Would appreciate any recommendations regarding starting procedures, driving a diesel vs. gasoline, what to be prepared for come winter, ANY suggestions that you may have to help me take the best care of and get the most out of this replacement truck would be greatly appreciated!  
    • By Rhett VanZandt
      Hello,
      I just recently got some additional lights to put on my offroad bumper, and don't know where exactly to put the switch or how to integrate it into my dash. I just need to be able to add two sitches. I was thinking of trying to put them near the parking brake, or on the instrument panel. The instrument panel already has two spots not being used but they don't press down. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
      Thank you.
    • By DJPepper
      So I'm living out of my truck now while I save some funds to by a houseboat in San Diego. I just bought a cheap inverter from walmart to run my laptop and I'm wondering what implications this has for my battery. I have an ACDelco silver line (30 month) that's about a year old and has never had excessive drainage. So I guess my question is what exactly is the excessive drain limit? I mean is there a minimum voltage I should keep in mind to avoid premature battery failure. Obviously I want to avoid a no start condition. What voltage could that occur at? I'm just charging my laptop with it (130w charger) and am assuming running it while the engine is off is fine for a while. I tried to google and youtube for some answers but was inundated with garbage results so hopefully this question is fine here. Any other inverter related advice that might not be obvious to consider would be appreciated too. And inverter recommendations. I'm pretty sure this is a modified sine wave (cheap, Everstart plus 400w), are the true sine wave models worth it?
    • By covrt
      Let me start with the beginning of when this all began, 3 nights ago I removed a power wire circuit breaker that was in-line to my sub amp, I connected the sub power terminal directly to my battery (dangerous move I know) 2 nights ago I removed and re-twirled my remote power wire and re-inserted it into the amp
      Yesterday when leaving work I finally heard my sub kick on for the first time in a month, this morning I tried to crank my truck and it would make a subtle click and nothing else, no power to my instrument panel, radio no nothing. I replaced the battery today and had no luck after, and there wasnt even a "click" after trying to start the truck. So I removed and re-inserted some fuses on all 3 fuse blocks on the truck and when trying to crank, I can hear the entire dash for the most part gets power except radio, and instrument panel. We ran a voltage tester for all fuses except the larger silver ones, so we swapped the silver ones around to see if it helped and had no luck. I will list the accessories that do not work vs which ones do.
      Accessories that DONT work
      Horn Radio or Instrument Panel Dash Lights Starter Power Windows  
      Accessories that DO work
      Overhead lights Keys lock and unlock truck
      I'm thinking its some sort of accessory power wire short or something but I wanted to get 2nd opinions. 
    • By Shane Mulligan
      Was driving my savana 2500 with the 2.8 duramax and noticed white smoke in the rear view mirror. Pulled over and saw it was coming from under the hood and diesel was leaking out under the engine. Got towed to the dealer as it’s under warranty and they said it’s missing a fuel line clip on the line between the high pressure pump and the fuel rail. Part number 55499116. Anyone else experienced anything like this? The clip is on order arriving today but if it’s the actual fuel line the part is on backorder and it could be weeks..... Apparently it’s not interchangeable with the Colorado/canyon fuel lines and not many vans with the 2.8 out there.  Thanks,

Shane