Traded my ‘17 SLT for ‘18 Denali Ultimate, smokin deal

Hey everyone,  longtime member here and haven’t posted in awhile and I thought I’d share the trade I just made for a new ‘18 Denali Ultimate.

This was a spur of the moment purchase that I wasn’t planning.  I was bored on New Year’s Day and I was just surfing the net and was curious about the deals that my local Chevy/GMC dealer giving.  They had 4 ‘18 Denali ultimates in stock all listed around 51K.  I shot right over to the dealer with my ‘17 SLT.

I bought my ‘17 SLT exactly 2 years ago during the Holidays when the were also running year end deals.  It was the the SLT premium package that listed for around 55k and I got it for around 44k.    I really wanted the Denali but they weren’t really discounting heavily at the time.  They had a couple Denali 5.3’s in but couldn’t justify the premium.  Even though I really liked the SLT I really didn’t LOVE IT (not Like the Chick in the GMC commercial).  Anyway, always wanted the Denali with the 6.2.  And I’m not a big fan of the new ‘19s.  I think they are fugly 

So Here is the Deal I got:

MSRP $64,395

OTD all in for Ultimate Denali $50,500, Price includes tax, tags, fees $1350 Bed Cover, $374 for mats and wheel locks, $770 for Enviroguard (BS paint protection)

Trade in for the ‘17 SLT w/27xxx miles $35,000

No Brainer!!!

It was 65 degrees this weekend so I did a wash, Clay, polished out all spots, and ceramic coating.

Tomorrow going back to dealer for a level lift, Friday will be doing front window tint and Xpel film paint protection on front bumper/headlights, mirrors and front part of hood

Future mods are Borla Exhaust, trying to decide between touring and S type

Also looking to add CAI kit.  Any feed back would be helpful.  I checked out Black Bears website and the test results on CAIs.  

A couple of Pics to follow

24425E95-D831-4884-842B-1CD353B3B798.jpeg

Edited by 2003Z71
  • Like 3

I have the Atak on mine. Love it. I would say without a doubt, get it.  I think the S type is a little quiet. If you are gonna put exhaust on it, make sure you and everyone else knows it has an exhaust on it 

Edited by RACERX7775

Very nice and it seems to be a great price.  I found 3 SLT premium plus with the 6.2 near me, but they were all over 52k.  I gave it some thought, but I just couldn't spend that much.  Plus, they were not the colors I wanted and they had sun roofs.  I don't want a sunroof in my truck.

How does the magnaride compare to your previous truck?

• Like 1

Airraid MIT I think on the 6.2L they might make you buy the filter with it and call it the JR kit? For the minimal gains of any CAI I felt it was the best bang for the buck. I run a Delco filter with mine cause I live on gravel & GM has a TSB on “wet” filters anyway.

Congrats BTW 

Edited by wforrest08

Thx everyone!  I’m leaning towards Borla touring , Getting old LOL!

Maga Ride is definitely smoother than standard Z71,  felt like it cornered a little better as well, probably because of the 22’s.

I’ll check out the Airaid MIT, Thx!

19 minutes ago, doozer78 said:

I've seen em as low as $47k

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Edited my post, OTD was 50,500 not 51,500,  so the truck itself was at the 47k mark, then add TTL and add on options to get to 50,500

The catch was you have to finance through GM financial at a 7.5 APR Rate to maximize the cash allowance to get that low of a price.  But I’m just going to turn it around and either pay it off or find a much better rate online to refi.  That’s a ridiculous rate if anyone holds on to it.  

2 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

I have the Atak on mine. Love it. I would say without a doubt, get it.  I think the S type is a little quiet. If you are gonna put exhaust on it, make sure you and everyone else knows it has an exhaust on it 

Yep, the ATAK is on mine and I love it too...

56F5889F-0BD9-450C-B362-17F0637CEB96.jpeg