Who’s happy with there new 2019?

Hi guys new to the forum but not new to GM. Just wondering on everybody’s thoughts on there new purchases. Me and my wife are deciding on trading in our Denali duramax for a new AT4. We our a little sceptical as we bought a new first year 2014 and it was riddled with problems. Anyways what everybody thoughts on the 2019 remodel?

Edited by KozzyJr

38 minutes ago, KozzyJr said:

Hi guys new to the forum but not new to GM. Just wondering on everybody’s thoughts on there new purchases. Me and my wife are deciding on trading in our Denali duramax for a new AT4. We our a little sceptical as we bought a new first year 2014 and it was riddled with problems. Anyways what everybody thoughts on the 2019 remodel?

I also previously owned a 2014 Silverado but I had no problems with it. 

I now own a 2019 LTZ Z71 and I ABSOLUTELY love it. I love the HD rear view mirror, I love the 10 speed automatic with the 6.2L, love the extra room in the back with A/C vents in the rear and love the heads up display. 

If if I had to gripe about anything, it would be the gas tank. 2 gallons smaller than the previous gen. 

You see a lot of criticism on the interior but I believe the functionality compared to the Ram is superior... That 12 inch touch screen would be a huge distraction. Just about all of the settings are in the touch screen... imagine driving down the street and wanting to turn your heated seats on and you have to scroll through multiple settings to get to it. 

70F0377C-6309-4077-B662-74FD72C7C181.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Aycock1987 said:

I also previously owned a 2014 Silverado but I had no problems with it. 

I now own a 2019 LTZ Z71 and I ABSOLUTELY love it. I love the HD rear view mirror, I love the 10 speed automatic with the 6.2L, love the extra room in the back with A/C vents in the rear and love the heads up display. 

If if I had to gripe about anything, it would be the gas tank. 2 gallons smaller than the previous gen. 

You see a lot of criticism on the interior but I believe the functionality compared to the Ram is superior... That 12 inch touch screen would be a huge distraction. Just about all of the settings are in the touch screen... imagine driving down the street and wanting to turn your heated seats on and you have to scroll through multiple settings to get to it. 

70F0377C-6309-4077-B662-74FD72C7C181.jpeg

Right on. Just don’t want to get stuck running to the dealer with all the little problems. I might wait until June. For all the little bugs to work themselves out. After doing some reading I’m seeing heads units having issues, leaking rear windows and a few other little problems. Won’t stop me for going for a test drive. 

Test drove a new at4 today. I must say it’s a nice truck. Lots a nice new features. One little draw back that I think is just ones opinion, is the seats aren’t as nice as the k2s. I feel like gm went a step back in the interior dept this time. Overall tho it was a nice unit. The dealers around me only have 5.3s but my inner child wants the 6.2. But with the price of fuel here in Canada my gut tells me to go with the 5.3. As I stated before I may hold out until juneish and let all the bugs and gremlins sort themselves out. 

So far (less than 500 miles) I'm loving my HC. I'm coming out of an Audi Q7, before that a Lexus GX460 but everything prior to those have been GM trucks and SUV's. The HC is missing some creature comforts that the foreign vehicles have but I'm much happier overall to be back in a GM full size truck, no regrets.

7 minutes ago, KozzyJr said:

Test drove a new at4 today. I must say it’s a nice truck. Lots a nice new features. One little draw back that I think is just ones opinion, is the seats aren’t as nice as the k2s. I feel like gm went a step back in the interior dept this time. Overall tho it was a nice unit. The dealers around me only have 5.3s but my inner child wants the 6.2. But with the price of fuel here in Canada my gut tells me to go with the 5.3. As I stated before I may hold out until juneish and let all the bugs and gremlins sort themselves out. 

Many here have reported better fuel economy with the 6.2

I love mine.  Came out of a 2016 Denali that had the torque converter replaced and a collapsed lifter all within 3 months.  I was not buying GM again.

Drove a 2019 Ram Limited for a few days.  Interior is nice.  I thought I would love the entertainment center and while it is very cool, I figured out I like buttons and knobs.

I personally really like the exterior of the 2019 GMC.

I went with the 5.3 because I did not want the 10 speed.  I had the 6.2 in my 2016, fun motor.

Brakes are a huge upgrade in the 2019.  360 camera is useful. The HUD is great.   And best of all, the steering wheel is in the middle of the dash.

So you’re old truck gave troubled wouldn’t buy another. Didn’t like the buttons on another brand. So you decided to buy a newer version of the old one. Makes sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KozzyJr said:

I’ve had no problems and I have around 3,000 miles on my AT4. I have 6.2, 20” wheels, and cat back performance exhaust. I love the power, the ride, and the sound. I get a lot of compliments on the way it looks.

280554F5-414E-4F98-97E2-4B51F6A38746.jpeg

• Like 1