Who’s happy with there new 2019?

I haven't had any problems with my 2019 High Country. I was debating on the 6.2 and ended up with the 5.3. I had that in my 2013 Silverado and it provided plenty of power for what I need to tow. And now with the 8 speed compared to the old 4 speed I had on the 13 it's even better. I have been very happy with my decision 

7 hours ago, KozzyJr said:

Test drove a new at4 today. I must say it’s a nice truck. Lots a nice new features. One little draw back that I think is just ones opinion, is the seats aren’t as nice as the k2s. I feel like gm went a step back in the interior dept this time. Overall tho it was a nice unit. The dealers around me only have 5.3s but my inner child wants the 6.2. But with the price of fuel here in Canada my gut tells me to go with the 5.3. As I stated before I may hold out until juneish and let all the bugs and gremlins sort themselves out. 

I have around 1800 miles and im getting around 13mpg city and 21 hwy. Love my 6.2 10 speed. 

4 hours ago, camsteven said:

I have around 1800 miles and im getting around 13mpg city and 21 hwy. Love my 6.2 10 speed. 

I don’t doubt it. My old 6.2 was better on fuel then my 5.3. 91 here tho is almost 35-40 cents more per litre. So the 6.2 is going to be out of the question.

I've had my Trail Boss for several months now and just passed 8200 miles on it.  So far, no issues and I am loving every bit of it.  It turns heads everywhere I go and I get tons of compliments.  I personally like the interior better than the K2 and definitely love the new features on the truck.  The 5.3 and 8 speed combo has tons of pep and moves more quickly than the previous gen.  Fuel economy is decent but I didn't buy a Trail Boss to get good gas mileage.  Overall, I am 120% satisfied with my decision to order a '19 and I have no regrets at all.  If you have any specific questions at all, please feel free to ask.

image.thumb.png.1963a37398c4418885d057de48ca9869.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, z1boss said:

I've had my Trail Boss for several months now and just passed 8200 miles on it.  So far, no issues and I am loving every bit of it.  It turns heads everywhere I go and I get tons of compliments.  I personally like the interior better than the K2 and definitely love the new features on the truck.  The 5.3 and 8 speed combo has tons of pep and moves more quickly than the previous gen.  Fuel economy is decent but I didn't buy a Trail Boss to get good gas mileage.  Overall, I am 120% satisfied with my decision to order a '19 and I have no regrets at all.  If you have any specific questions at all, please feel free to ask.

The vehicles that people notice and turn heads always confuse me...I have a built M-series convertible BMW and no one ever turns their head to look at it- LOL. I didnt buy it to turn heads so I dont really care.  You've got a great looking truck so in your instance the attention you get doesnt really surprise me. 

I have a buddy that has a Chevy ZR2 and that truck turns more heads than any car I've ever been in ....(with the exception of Porsche/Ferrari). People talk to him at the gas station, at stop lights, in traffic - Its the craziest thing I've seen for a non-modded mid-sized truck you can pick up off the lot any day of the week. .It isnt even off-road enthusiast just a bunch of normal people commenting on the truck. 

Edited by Chris walker
  • Like 1

I love mine, but the bugs with all the sensors and cameras are really starting to annoy me.

I'm sure they'll work them out though.

Otherwise awesome truck.

As for the comment on interior. The new interior is higher grade leather on the seats than my K2 SLT All-Terrain. The leather is perforated and has proper stitching. My All-Terrain has the plastic feel seats where the carbon fibre bolsters were..

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

I went for another test drive but I an. 5.3 today. Well after the second test drive I’m sold. Currently working out the number on my duraxax. And just have to pick a color. Can’t decided between white, red, or the satin grey color. Looks like I need to just google all night shift at work lol

Kozzy, I’m sure they will work out all of the bugs. I had the leaking rear window and the info screen has begun to glitch. But I bought my Denali in September as soon as they came out. The truck is a beast and I get a lot of great comments on it. The ride is smooth and the 6.2L with the 10 speed is better than any luxury vehicle I have driven. I would recommend waiting a few more months if you can but only if you can ensure what you want to buy was built later than earlier. I bet the adaptive cruise control comes out in the 2020 model year. Would be worth waiting for in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Chris walker said:

The vehicles that people notice and turn heads always confuse me...I have a built M-series convertible BMW and no one ever turns their head to look at it- LOL. I didnt buy it to turn heads so I dont really care.  You've got a great looking truck so in your instance the attention you get doesnt really surprise me. 

I have a buddy that has a Chevy ZR2 and that truck turns more heads than any car I've ever been in ....(with the exception of Porsche/Ferrari). People talk to him at the gas station, at stop lights, in traffic - Its the craziest thing I've seen for a non-modded mid-sized truck you can pick up off the lot any day of the week. .It isnt even off-road enthusiast just a bunch of normal people commenting on the truck. 

I’ve got a friend who has 3 Dodge Vipers, a new Challenger Hellcat and the “vehicle” in the pic below.  Guess which one gets more attention and draws crowds. 

C8805B86-CEE5-4A77-AE72-4B5008DDDD0B.jpeg

He says he has more fun tooling around in that crappy Zapcar he paid 6k for than all three Vipers or the Hellcat.  He stopped by my office with it this summer to show it to me and within 5 minutes there was a crowd forming around it.  It’s crazy what people gravitate to sometimes.

Edited by BillK01
  • Haha 2

Lol,  very true. Yeah, I think people are drawn to what’s interesting. The new look of the GM 2019 trucks is attention grabbing and will fade as time goes on. Thanks for that though, it’s always nice to read a post with a sense of humor. 

6 hours ago, JKD said:

Kozzy, I’m sure they will work out all of the bugs. I had the leaking rear window and the info screen has begun to glitch. But I bought my Denali in September as soon as they came out. The truck is a beast and I get a lot of great comments on it. The ride is smooth and the 6.2L with the 10 speed is better than any luxury vehicle I have driven. I would recommend waiting a few more months if you can but only if you can ensure what you want to buy was built later than earlier. I bet the adaptive cruise control comes out in the 2020 model year. Would be worth waiting for in my opinion.

I know the 6.2 with the 10 speed is silky smooth. I’ll be placing my order the last day of Jan, and my dealer is ordering the exact same truck but in satin steel. So when both trucks come in I’ll just choose between the two.