Gorehamj

GM Rolls Out New Adverts For Silverado and Sierra - Which One Appeals To You?

Boys and Girls they are marketing a lifestyle not a truck. You could insert any truck into all but the OP's and tell the same story. The OP's is selling a tailgate. Wonder what a commercial selling a truck looks like? :smash:

• Like 1

Maybe because the tailgate is the least ugliest part of the truck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chrysler has been winning the whole Americana thing lately (what the 3rd ad was desperately trying for). What I don't get was during their centennial Chevy had the "Chevy Runs Deep" campaign that heavily leveraged their history in America. The ads that were on Youtube were lightyears better than what they ran on TV and now their new marketing absolutely sucks. They need to rehire whatever agency did the heritage ads.

• Like 1

Advertise the TRUCK!!! :lurk:

• Like 2

They are successful advertising a life style. They managed to convince people to drive trucks and large expensive SUVs as family vehicles. Which happens to be where they make the most money. When a car would fit the needs of most family at less money, with less cost of ownership. Same with a 1500 sq ft home versus 2500 sq ft. Super size me. I’m so lucky I married an Amy brat, they did more with less. The most laughable holiday ad on tv, a Denali pu and SUV. The husband surprised his wife. Much to his surprise she wants the truck. He left with the SUV, poor guy. Over 120K worth of vehicles for presents. And he didn’t get what he wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really like the Silverado one. I can't get into the new fangled tailgates though with 14 layers of folding mechanisms... I guess that's why I like the Silverado commercial (and the truck)...because it's theme is classic, old school, tried and true (which is what I like). And, the Sierra is going after the consumer that wants "new fangled".

I vote for the GMC Tailgate video.

This would have made a great Super Bowl Commercial :thumbs:

• Like 1

How about this one:

• Like 1

I got a great idea for a commercial, how about we show a few thousand american gm workers getting layoff checks a week before christmas, then cut to Mexico with Mexican workers cashing their 5 dollar an hour checks while the guy with the clipboard boast about being the most dependable Mexican made chevy truck ever. 

• Like 1

Generally Mexican 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BIGDOGx said:

I got a great idea for a commercial, how about we show a few thousand american gm workers getting layoff checks a week before christmas, then cut to Mexico with Mexican workers cashing their 5 dollar an hour checks while the guy with the clipboard boast about being the most dependable Mexican made chevy truck ever. 

Maybe they should add with a throaty, old cowboy like voice:

"Thousands of American workers take the fall so that YOU (pointing the finger dramatically into the camera) have to pay less..."

so long

j-ten-ner

Edited by j-ten-ner

The only tailgate ad that would appeal to me is one where it shows how they are going back to a tailgate that is easily removed and put back on in a few seconds just like the old days.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cowpie said:

The only tailgate ad that would appeal to me is one where it shows how they are going back to a tailgate that is easily removed and put back on in a few seconds just like the old days.  

Those were the most liked by thieves.  LOL

8 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Those were the most liked by thieves.  LOL

Is not that why mine has a lock? :thumbs:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Logan_343
      Hey everyone,

So I had a shop that specialize in lawn equipment, and snow equipment install a Blizzard Plow on my 2017 Silverado 1500 just a few weeks ago. I took the blow off one day and when starting my truck, I noticed both y headlights would flicker for about 30 seconds or so. I took the truck back to the shop I got the plow put on and they said that I have aftermarket headlights, which I don't... I told them the headlights are factory LED's. So they ran some tests and got another plow module to see if it was the module doing it or what. Sure enough it did the same thing. They said they are going to contact GM about the issue. They haven't gotten back to me yet but before they do, I was just wanting to ask other plow owners if they have had this issue and what they or their shop did to fix the issue. I supplied a video (below) to show exactly what they are doing. Both headlights will do it but in the video, only that one head light does it. 

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      1-23-2019
      If you have not started with our prior story today on the all-new 2020 Sierra HD it may make sense to do so. This post picks up from there and highlights just the AT4 trim line of the new Sierra HD. 

The all-new 2020 Sierra Heavy Duty AT4 expands on the GMC AT4's reach with a distinctive off-road identity for the new Sierra HD. Distinguished in its dark chrome exterior finishes and front and rear bumpers and a grille surround finished in body color, the AT4 has its own style. The grille design is also bolder than on the other HD trims, and is finished in black chrome and set off by the AT4's distinctive red vertical recovery hooks.

The interior continues the AT4-specific darkened trim, including dark-tinted and textured aluminum finishes on the steering wheel, center stack and sill plates, as well as a unique Jet Black interior with Kalahari color accents in the seats and live stitching. AT4's leather seating has mini-perforated inserts and embroidered AT4 badging on the headrests, along with standard all-weather floor liners.

The new Sierra AT4 Heavy Duty's unique suspension and supporting technologies enable its off-road capabilities. Features include:
      Off-road suspension, Rancho Shocks, skid plates, Eaton locking rear differential.
      Eighteen-inch wheels wrapped with Michelin all-terrain tires, with 20-inch wheels available.
      Traction Select System with specific Off-Road mode.
      Hill Descent Control and Hill Start Assist.
      Segment-exclusive 15-inch diagonal Head-Up Display with Off-Road Inclinometer.
      HD Surround Vision for low-speed views of vehicle surroundings.

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      1-23-2019
      GMC's all-new 2020Sierra Heavy Duty will feature more room and amazing towing capabilities. “The all-new 2020 Sierra HD is the most capable heavy-duty truck that we’ve ever offered,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global GMC. “For customers who demand a premium, innovative heavy-duty truck that supports their passions, the next-generation Sierra HD can pull like a pro.”

There is a lot of new and notable capabilities in the 2020 Sierra HD, so we are breaking down the key elements into bullet points.

Here are the 2020 Sierra HD general features. Trailering features come below:
      A segment-exclusive available 15-inch-diagonal head-up display that offers useful trailering information, including vehicle speed, navigation information and an inclinometer display for the road grade.
      An available segment-first Rear Camera Mirror.
      MultiPro, the world’s first six-function tailgate, allows easier loading, unloading and bed access and is available on all trim levels.
      A larger, commanding design that provides more room for cargo and occupants.
      Best-in-class Crew Cab front headroom and legroom for the driver and other front-row occupants.
      An all-new, segment-first, Allison 10-speed automatic transmission mated to the legendary 6.6L Duramax turbo diesel.

2020 Sierra HD Advantages Over Prior Model Include:
      A longer wheelbase, a taller, more dominant hood line and taller overall height.
      A larger grille and complementing functional hood scoop to feed an advanced cooling system for the Duramax turbo diesel. 
      Class-leading heavy-duty cargo bed volume and corner tie-downs with a new, available 120-volt power outlet.
      One-inch-lower bed lift-in height compared to the 2019 Sierra Heavy Duty, providing easier loading and fifth-wheel and gooseneck trailer hitching.
      New, segment-exclusive cargo bed side steps on all box styles, located in front of the rear wheel openings, that complement integrated CornerSteps in the rear bumper to improve access to the cargo area.
      World’s first six-function MultiPro tailgate available on all trim levels and standard on SLT, AT4 and Denali.

GMC’s Duramax turbo diesel and new 10-speed Allison automatic transmission pairing will offer superior towing confidence. GMC isn't providing exact specs today, but says that the 2020 Sierra HD will have capabilities well in excess of 30,000 pounds. This is the first HD segment 10-speed. The Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel engine develops an SAE-certified 445 horsepower and 910 lb-ft of torque. 

2020 Sierra HD Trailering Features:
      An enhanced ProGrade Trailering system featuring class-leading available 15 camera views, including a segment-first transparent trailer view to virtually see through a trailer in tow.
      An available smart trailer designed to integrate the iN∙Command control system from ASA Electronics provides the ability to monitor and control select functions of compatibly equipped trailers through the myGMC mobile app.
      Auto Electric Park Brake to automatically apply the parking brake to help maintain truck position when hitching.
      All-new Park Grade Hold Assist enhances hill hold by using braking effort at each wheel for an extended period of time.
      All-new larger, door-mounted trailering mirrors with a four-bar link providing power extend and retract for the driver and passenger sides.
      Integrated trailer brake controller that works with the trailer profile in the Trailering App to recall a specified trailer’s most recent gain setting.
      Tow/Haul mode that remains engaged on the next key-on cycle, for up to four hours; includes a reminder the feature is engaged.
      Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control.
      Trailer Sway Control.
      Auto Grade Braking and Diesel Exhaust Braking.
      Digital Variable Steering Assist that dynamically optimizes power steering according to driving scenarios, including trailering, and enables features like road pull compensation.
      Trailering Info Label placed on the driver’s door jamb that clearly calls out the truck’s specific trailering information, including curb weight, GVWR, GCWR, maximum payload, maximum tongue weight and rear GAWR.

When Can You Get One?
      The 2020 Sierra HD will go on sale "later this year" in 2500HD and 3500HD dual rear wheel and single rear wheel configurations. Flint Assembly in Flint, Michigan, will be the manufacturing location for the 2020 Sierra Heavy Duty.