Bed lights

5 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

You got 2000, they only gave me 1000 for signing up.  The points for the truck purchase have not shown up yet.

The truck purchase points take a little bit (30 days) to show up.

1 minute ago, JimCost2014 said:

Think it is a pretty new program, not all dealers participate in by what I am told. I "negotiated" with help desk and "received" some free points when I got into my 18. Problem is, I have no idea how to use them.

I wish I could get credit for the $60,000 we have paid for our last two vehicles. But it says in the FAQs that they only give 30 days after purchase to sign up for the program.

6 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

You got 2000, they only gave me 1000 for signing up.  The points for the truck purchase have not shown up yet.

no, 1000 is for signing up, then another 1000 when you fill out your profile. Its instantaneous.

7 minutes ago, aseibel said:

I wish I could get credit for the $60,000 we have paid for our last two vehicles. But it says in the FAQs that they only give 30 days after purchase to sign up for the program.

Call them, nothing to loose, points to gain.

I got 20,000 points for buying a new truck in December. Then when you sign up you get another 1000 if I remember correctly. Then another 1000 to fill out your profile. Each 20,000 is worth $100 . Takes a few weeks to get the 20,000 though.

Edited by dieselfan1

13 hours ago, DanY said:

Same problem with the factory lights.  Need to be able to turn them on in the bed.

I added a rechargeable single light from Extang that mounts on the bottom center of the bed cover back toward the tailgate.  Just reach in and push the button to turn on the light.  When it needs recharged you just remove it from the bracket and plug into the cigarette lighter.  One problem is that you can't slam close or let drop the last cover panel or it will drop out of the bracket.

https://extang.com/e-light-truck-bed-light

I screwed my Extang bracket into the truck wall near the tailgate, never comes out.

AF4E18BD-57DE-45EB-BBFE-2C34C9693BD8.jpeg

BCE9DFE1-A482-48C1-8383-1573DD003DDF.jpeg

Edited by AE1M

You get more for linking your OnStar and your XM radio. I got some more points for “going paperless” then more points when I signed up for autopay. 

The truck comes with 2 oil changes and I’ve used my points and have a coupon already for me “3rd service”... haven’t gotten the first oil changed yet though. 

I have the extang solid fold 2.0... that light looked like it’s made to go in the handle on the back part.  Is that what you have AE1M?

i feel like $80 is too much for something that might be dead when I goto use it. I still may buy one of the little magnetic lights that Lowe’s has and stick it back there for when I forget to hit the button up front

I'm not sure if someone responded with this info yet or not. If they have, I'm sorry and disregard.

The harness plugs into a BCM bar that sits just above the spare tire. You can also buy just the factory harness without the light pods for 40 bucks. Then plug what ever lights you want into that. Puts your whole package price around 50-60, as opposed to the other route. The lights will function the same as OEM.

On 1/8/2019 at 5:53 PM, Mike GMC said:

My purchase points took about a week to show up with the 20,000. Although it does kind of suck to get a $100 reward for spending $40k, I'll take it over nothing I guess.

Anyway, on the topic of this thread, can anyone link me to the amazon one they purchased that they like better than the factory ones? There are multiple options I can see on the internet. 

On 1/9/2019 at 8:44 AM, xMEATxHAMMERx said:

I'm not sure if someone responded with this info yet or not. If they have, I'm sorry and disregard.

The harness plugs into a BCM bar that sits just above the spare tire. You can also buy just the factory harness without the light pods for 40 bucks. Then plug what ever lights you want into that. Puts your whole package price around 50-60, as opposed to the other route. The lights will function the same as OEM.

Do you mind telling me which lights you hooked up with the factory harness? Your bed is lit up very bright, exactly what I want.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 8:23 PM, Superman_006 said:

You get more for linking your OnStar and your XM radio. I got some more points for “going paperless” then more points when I signed up for autopay. 

The truck comes with 2 oil changes and I’ve used my points and have a coupon already for me “3rd service”... haven’t gotten the first oil changed yet though. 

I have the extang solid fold 2.0... that light looked like it’s made to go in the handle on the back part.  Is that what you have AE1M?

i feel like $80 is too much for something that might be dead when I goto use it. I still may buy one of the little magnetic lights that Lowe’s has and stick it back there for when I forget to hit the button up front

Sorry I didnt see your reply, I have the Extang Solid Fold 2 and their light.  Nice thing is that it can be removed for a flashlight also.  I decided to mount on the side instead of on the tonneau.

I keep the charger in the truck, every few months i'll just bring it in to make sure it's charged.  Has 3 brightness settings.

Bob