2014 GMC Sierra 1500 - All Terrain - 62k Miles - Service

Howdy,

New user here and first time GMC owner. I'm not going to explain what trucks I came from but want to concentrate on maintaining my newly acquired 2014 GMC Sierra - All Terrain with 62k miles. 

Outside of the factory service manual are there any things that you all have experienced need or should be serviced at 62k? I have brand new rotars, brakes, fluids, filters, oil, tires, and currently having an inner tie rod replaced on passenger side.

I swear my seat moves a little while i'm driving (aware this is an issue) ... and my dash seems to pop/crack sometimes that sounds like a rock hitting the windshield or something.. 

Thanks guys!

4 hours ago, Blackbeard6 said:

Howdy,

New user here and first time GMC owner. I'm not going to explain what trucks I came from but want to concentrate on maintaining my newly acquired 2014 GMC Sierra - All Terrain with 62k miles. 

Outside of the factory service manual are there any things that you all have experienced need or should be serviced at 62k? I have brand new rotars, brakes, fluids, filters, oil, tires, and currently having an inner tie rod replaced on passenger side.

I swear my seat moves a little while i'm driving (aware this is an issue) ... and my dash seems to pop/crack sometimes that sounds like a rock hitting the windshield or something.. 

Thanks guys!

My dash pops and cracks on my 2016 Silverado too...

I have about 60k miles on my truck and I have replaced the rear shocks and front struts, front brakes, & of course tires...

Beyond that I had the trans fluid drained and filter replaced, axle fluids and transfer case fluids changed... I can't think of anything else out of the ordinary..

Enjoy the new truck, lots of life in that truck at 62k miles it's probably not even 1/2 way spent... I am hoping to get 150-175k out of mine before I trade it in and I bet it will still be worth 10k...

8 hours ago, Blackbeard6 said:

Howdy,

Thanks guys!

4 hours ago, Imcrazy said:

I have about 60k miles on my truck and I have replaced the rear shocks and front struts, front brakes, & of course tires...

Beyond that I had the trans fluid drained and filter replaced, axle fluids and transfer case fluids changed... I can't think of anything else out of the ordinary..

Enjoy the new truck, lots of life in that truck at 62k miles it's probably not even 1/2 way spent... I am hoping to get 150-175k out of mine before I trade it in and I bet it will still be worth 10k...

Hummm, my 2018 pops too, sound just like a rock hitting the windshield...wonder what it is?

On 1/8/2019 at 10:53 PM, SS502 said:

Hummm, my 2018 pops too, sound just like a rock hitting the windshield...wonder what it is?

Same sound here, dunno what it is but, it's very random...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Imcrazy said:

Same sound here, dunno what it is but, it's very random...

Yes very random, happened today actually and hasn’t done it is a week. Was in a parking lot doing maybe 5mph other times on the road...no rhyme or reason.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:25 PM, Imcrazy said:

I noticed you have changed almost all of the fluids, did not see brake fluid. Our 2016 shows it needs to be replaced at 45000, any thoughts?

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:05 AM, Blackbeard6 said:

Howdy,

Thanks guys!

My dad's rule of thumb on used vehicles, was if you are not sure when it was done, change it (fluids). Yes, your seat is moving, there is a 9000 page post on here about the issue, around page 8500 someone might have found a DIY fix.

It's the plastic bezel around the stereo is what is causing the popping!  Hot-cold, Cold-Hot some guys have pulled it off and applied felt or something to the tabs that hold it in place and it seemed to work?  Look for the thread.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

It's the plastic bezel around the stereo is what is causing the popping!  Hot-cold, Cold-Hot some guys have pulled it off and applied felt or something to the tabs that hold it in place and it seemed to work?  Look for the thread.

Yep, I didn’t see the fix (if there is one) but read the thread...they describe the exact same thing...since 2014. Gotta love the quality control and how GM addresses known complaints ?

10 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Yep, I didn’t see the fix (if there is one) but read the thread...they describe the exact same thing...since 2014. Gotta love the quality control and how GM addresses known complaints ?

You can checks out FERDS dash on every 2014 and later that are bubbled up?  Not allowed to expand/contract?  Intermittent Popping a few times a year is the least of my worries?  

8 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

You can checks out FERDS dash on every 2014 and later that are bubbled up?  Not allowed to expand/contract?  Intermittent Popping a few times a year is the least of my worries?  

No, I'd rather not get that close LOL...no seriously if this is normal and part of a preventive design to keep the dash/panel from damage then I'm all for it. However, if this is the case GM could simply put a bold statement in the Owners Manual stating that: Driver and/or passengers may occasionally hear a “popping” sound emanate from the radio bezel/dash board area. This is NORMAL due to the expansions/contractions between materials used. This expansion/contraction helps to alleviate stress on component parts. :thumbs:

Edited by SS502

Brake fluid is often ignored.  On our German cars I have to do it every 2 years due to DOT 4 fluid, so I have a power bleeder that makes the job a cake walk.  Highly recommend getting one for a brake fluid replacement job.

I'd check on the service interval for your coolant as well.

I would also consider switching from the mechanical vacuum pump to an electric one as well at that mileage. Little extra peace of mind there.