I have a 2015 Silverado LTZ with a 5.3 and recently bought a GMC Denali ultimate with the 6.2 and I don’t think I will ever go back to the 5.3 after I sell it. You won’t regret getting the 6.2. I just put a leveling kit and ridge grapplers on it today 

5AA7625C-AFA4-4F4B-B7AE-CFCCDFFF1118.jpeg

• Like 3

On 11/01/2019 at 12:58 PM, ajensen383 said:

Unfortunately, the only way to get a 6.2 is with the high end LTZ or High Country package for Chevy and SLT  or Denali for GMC.. This frustrated me as well, as I didn't want all the Luxury associated with the high end trims, but for the price I paid for mine I am Ok with it. GM stopped offering the 6.2 in lower trims in 2014 with the debut of the K2XX body style... From 2010 to 2013 (GMT-900 body)the 6.2 was available in LT trim. I had one in my 2011 LT and it was great, was not all loaded up with stuff I didn't want.  I don't understand the reasoning behind it, but it seems they are sticking with only offering it in the high trims for the T1 as well.

You apparently can't even get front bucket seats and a centre console in the 2019s unless you go to SLT or Denali Sierra or LTZ or High Country Silverado...

You can get buckets and center console on the RST  - I have one. Maybe also on a LT .. not sure. 

9 minutes ago, GMC-AT said:

You can get buckets and center console on the RST  - I have one. Maybe also on a LT .. not sure. 

According to Chevy's Build & Price, you can only get a bench seat in the LT but I had somehow missed the RST. Thanks!