6.2L Yes or No

2 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Like I said previously, the difference is more like $7k because I'd have to go from RST to LTZ. I'm going to drive my truck until there's nothing left so I don't care about resale. 

Kinda where I’m at with my 18 TX edition...  However, because I can never leave well enough alone, I am planning a very street oriented build...  Magnuson TVS1900, Kooks catted long tubes, air box from the current CAI intake, tuned to run right and not blow up, Belltech coil overs, Performance Driveline 2 pc Driveshaft, little bit better rubber, little bit better brakes.  All that should end up hurting some feelings in the Ghost Trailer and “Ego”-boost crowds... maybe even a Crowd Plow or two...  and still be a **** cat for day to day, ho-hum driving for a long time.

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎19 at 12:57 PM, f8l vnm said:

GM and their stupid hierarchy bs. The trail boss absolutly needs 6.2 with 3:73. But but but it’s an LT And GM does not allow it.

Jump over to the darkside and buy a AT4. You wont go back to a Silverado, I promise.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Jump over to the darkside and buy a AT4. You wont go back to a Silverado, I promise.

The existence of the AT4 is probably the reason you can't get the 6.2 in the Trail Boss. AT4 still only has 3.23 rear axle ratio, though. 

17 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

The existence of the AT4 is probably the reason you can't get the 6.2 in the Trail Boss. AT4 still only has 3.23 rear axle ratio, though. 

Right. I wonder how the 3.23 will be with a ten speed. Even shorter gear spreads than the 8L90e. Something tells me something like a 3.73 gear would not make sense paired to the new trans,  you would probably be in 4th gear at 20mph. They more gears they put in them, the less we have to worry about the final drive ratio. But you got me thinking about it, I wonder what the difference would be between a 3.23 vs. 3.42NHT in a 1/4 mile, maybe 1/10th? 

• Like 2

67 Chevelle M22 4 speed 2.20 first gear, factory (25.5") tire and 5.86 final drive  = @ 169 rpm / mph

19 Silverado 10 speed 4.70 first gear, factory (31") tire and 3.23 final drive in terms of rpm/mph = 170 rpm / mph

3.23 is a very steep first gear with this 10 speed.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

They should at least offer an LTZ Trail Boss with the 6.2.

Agreed. You can get it in a regular LTZ, why not the TrailBoss? I think you were onto it when you said probably because the AT4, if people want the lifted TrailBoss and a 6.2L, they will have to give their business to GMC (which I prefer, personally but many dont) but that comes with $1500 or so on-top of a comparable Silverado. So if you are Chevy faithful and need a 6.2L, you have no choice but to buy a L86 LTZ and put your own lift, CAI, and exhaust on it (which is what we all had to do anyway with the K2's). 

• Like 1

I didn't buy the trail boss because it didn't have the 10speed and 6.2 plus I wanted ventilated seats. The funny part my LTZ with Z71 and all the features plus the safety package was cheaper than the trailboss with a low quality rancho lift, GM wants $2000 for the lift which is highway robbery considering the lower end components. Better to go aftermarket. When you sell it five years later people aren't gonna give a crap about the lift but that engine and transmission will help it hold more value.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dealer close to me had a LTZ, 6.2 CC for 55,000 MSRP. Just have to be careful how you option these things. Load them up and you're way high for a truck.

If you can, The 6.2 A10  is the way to go. GMs Current trouble with A8 and you may not be able to tune the '19s. So the stock extra performance of the 6.2 is then key.

Edited by Stex

On 1/8/2019 at 8:42 PM, goose hunter said:

Well folks it's time to make my move, and so is the 6.2L worth the extra 2500.00$....I'm ordering a LTZ and have to stop debating.....2500 extra and premium gas.....mmmmmm

Thanks for reading.....                   GH

I have 52,000 smiles on the odo with 16 LTZ with a 6.2. 

I would never ever own a chevy with anything less than a 6.2 unless the roll out something better. 

It is frekin sweet to be to be able to open that biotch up on hwy 2 ‘the Hi-Line’ and pass any god damned thing with power to spare, lol. 

• Like 3

On 1/31/2019 at 1:12 PM, Cpl_Punishment said:

Agreed.  I have on order a LTZ z71 6.2 with ever option avail.  When the truck arrives at the dealership they will put the 2 TB lift, along with the black trim pieces.  Also getting the 22 rst black wheels instead of the black wheels that come on the TB.

so I will in effect have a LTZ 6.2 Z71 TrailBoss

• Like 3

On 2/7/2019 at 8:29 PM, Threerun said:

It is frekin sweet to be to be able to open that biotch up on hwy 2 ‘the Hi-Line’ and pass any god damned thing with power to spare, lol. 

ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY!

Hit that kickdown switch and it's like Mission Control has cleared you for liftoff!

• Haha 1