2019 Silverado 1500 High Country Problems Today Had To Be Towed

Did the Chevrolet Dealership that you bought the truck from perform the recalls before you took delivery of the truck? I do know so far the recalls have been vin specific. Also, I am curious to know if you lost any of your braking when the lights came on? I know after I restarted the truck a few times all the lights went off, and the truck seemed to be working totally fine. The service department was able to pull codes, they did perform the recalls, and made note of the main concern. GM is aware of this, but they are still diagnosing this, and did have techs perform some things in regards to this.

I’m not sure, I’m going to call the dealership today and find out if they did any recalls if any are needed for my VIN.

I was just at home playing with settings and learning the truck last night when I got the errors so I haven’t driven it yet to notice any braking issues like you saw. I was going to take her up to the mountain for snowboarding today too :(

I guess the truck is staying home and I’ll take the truck in to the dealer later today, I’m only a couple miles away.

Thanks for the info, I’ll let you know what I find out on mine.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, FirstAscent said:

I’m not sure, I’m going to call the dealership today and find out if they did any recalls if any are needed for my VIN.

I was just at home playing with settings and learning the truck last night when I got the errors so I haven’t driven it yet to notice any braking issues like you saw. I was going to take her up to the mountain for snowboarding today too :(

I guess the truck is staying home and I’ll take the truck in to the dealer later today, I’m only a couple miles away.

Thanks for the info, I’ll let you know what I find out on mine.

GM does have a bulletin for this, so they are aware. Hopefully the information on here you can relay to service writer to get this resolved for you. I honestly think this might have something to do with one of the recalls. Besides this inconvenience I have been super happy with my Silverado since purchase. I believe it was a software hiccup of some sort that I'm hoping the one recall took care of.

• Like 1

I was told by the GM tech line that my truck has 3 TSB's for software updates, I asked my dealer about it and they said they are not allowed to sell the vehicles without all recalls and updates done prior to delivery. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eppieguy said:

I was told by the GM tech line that my truck has 3 TSB's for software updates, I asked my dealer about it and they said they are not allowed to sell the vehicles without all recalls and updates done prior to delivery. 

That is of course, as long as the recalls and TSBs were issued to the dealership prior to you taking ownership of the truck.

• Like 1

I just dropped off the truck to the dealer, they are only about a 10 min drive and during the drive I did not notice anything abnormal with the truck functions or braking.

The check engine light was still on however right as I was leaving the dealership (they put me in a loaner) the service tech said the light just went off but they will of course still investigate. They'll be taking a look at it tomorrow and let me know what they find out, he mentioned there weren't any recalls needed but they will check if any software updates are available and anything else they see. 

So hopefully tomorrow I'll have more info, I want my truck! ha

at least they are close by

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 8:18 PM, FirstAscent said:

I just dropped off the truck to the dealer, they are only about a 10 min drive and during the drive I did not notice anything abnormal with the truck functions or braking.

The check engine light was still on however right as I was leaving the dealership (they put me in a loaner) the service tech said the light just went off but they will of course still investigate. They'll be taking a look at it tomorrow and let me know what they find out, he mentioned there weren't any recalls needed but they will check if any software updates are available and anything else they see. 

So hopefully tomorrow I'll have more info, I want my truck! ha

at least they are close by

What you find out?

3 minutes ago, tybuch2003 said:

What you find out?

Sorry for the delay, I picked up the truck yesterday which happened to be my birthday so it was a busy day :) Unfortunately, they didn't find anything wrong whatsoever. They saw the codes from history but nothing was active during their troubleshooting. They did some tests and verified all hydraulics/brakes were working properly and that's about it and told me to just keep an eye on it if it happens again :(

No recalls or software updates of any kind were performed. Now every time I start the truck I'm just waiting for those errors to pop up again haha. The truck is functioning 100% though so that is good.

Uggh.  Not off to a great start are ya, Jaime. Here's to hoping. 

Not exactly, but thank you! Drove up to the mountain today for snowboarding and the truck drove fine with no errors, sorta. About half way home any time I’d change the climate control (fan speed, temp, or whatever) I’d get a popup that said “Climate Off”. It would say that no matter what climate control setting I changed. It seemed fine after I got home and shit the truck off and turned it back on though.

Probably a bad ground, I would be furious to not get a loaner on a brand new truck. It's the GM's issue, they could have at least give you the keys to something in the Used section. To spend that kind of dough and have them tell you that you cant have a vehicle all weekend is a bit insane. Obviously that dealer doesn't care if you buy there again. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2019 GMC Sierria 1500 SLT  had 2 weeks with 585 miles on it was in shop for 3 weeks after all checks and replacement pieces the finally got an approval for a complete trans . Today  my check engine light came on again has the same code CO58E an P25A2 for trans  has 2200 miles. spend all this money and get a junk trans. heard the 10 speed is better

I have a 2019 GMC Sierria 1500 SLT  had 2 weeks with 585 miles on it was in shop for 3 weeks after all checks and replacement pieces the finally got an approval for a complete trans . Today  my check engine light came on again has the same code CO58E an P25A2 for trans  has 2200 miles. spend all this money and get a junk trans. heard the 10 speed is better

On 1/9/2019 at 1:40 PM, JimCost2014 said:

When doing warranty work, they will never order a part until they have confirmed the problem, they have to follow protocol with GM, to be reimbursed for time, labor, and parts. 

This is a very true statement! I had to drive a 50 mile round trip for them to take 2 minutes to confirm my headlight would not adjust up, it was stuck pointing down. Now a 5 year old can adjust headlights on these things but they couldn’t accept my word, they had to see it. So after a second 50 mile trip (had to wait on the part) they did fix it under warranty but they follow the established rules. BTW, I have a great dealership/service department.

• 1 month later...

@tybuch2003

I just bought my 2019 LT Trail Boss on Saturday and on Sunday after turning it on I got the same failures as you. There was maybe 3-4 hours total driving time. Brake light, malfunction, TCS light, and same warning as you had for limited speed. I could also feel a significant reduction in braking power. I stopped driving it and came back a few hours later and everything was clear. The next day, 48 hours after purchase, it happened again. Im taking it to the dealer today.

Is your problem fixed and if anybody else had this problem was yours fixed?

P25A2

The Engine and Transmission System is not performing as expected. An issue has been detected in the Engine Electrical System, including the Charging and Starting System that monitors and controls the engine starting system and 12V battery charging system. If the charge system light stays on, or comes on while driving, there may be a problem with the electrical charging system. Driving while this light is on could drain the battery. If a short distance must be driven with the light on, be sure to turn off all accessories, such as the radio and air conditioner.

CO5B0

An issue has been detected in the Antilock Brake System.

20190318_212001.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1