Jump to content

M3Master

Advice on accident w/ 2019 Silverado?

Recommended Posts

A Deer decided to hit me on a night attack....6500.00 later the repair was done and you could not tell. Choose a good Bodyshop [Dealership usually] and one that backs up their work. In Michigan

you file or have the police come out to do a police report. Called Allstate and they told me to take it to my Bodyshop and Allstate communicated with them. There were two problems during the process,

GM had no bumpers available and the Iridescent Pearl is hard to match on the plastic fender extensions. Called a GM VP to ask about a bumper and GM took 3 Bumpers off the Fort Wayne Assembly

Line and sent them to the dealership and The dealership finally had to take a bumper and fender extension off another new vehicle to match the paint.

Silverado 2019 Accident  Damage 10 26 2018.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rocz3cqg said:

A Deer decided to hit me on a night attack....6500.00 later the repair was done and you could not tell. Choose a good Bodyshop [Dealership usually] and one that backs up their work. In Michigan

you file or have the police come out to do a police report. Called Allstate and they told me to take it to my Bodyshop and Allstate communicated with them. There were two problems during the process,

GM had no bumpers available and the Iridescent Pearl is hard to match on the plastic fender extensions. Called a GM VP to ask about a bumper and GM took 3 Bumpers off the Fort Wayne Assembly

Line and sent them to the dealership and The dealership finally had to take a bumper and fender extension off another new vehicle to match the paint.

 

Yea, I chose the highest end body shop in the area.  I've used them before. 

 

How long ago was your incident?  HOPEFULLY since then parts are a little more readily available but who knows.  That had concerned me as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, M3Master said:

Objectively speaking, does anyone see any way to dispute that the other driver was at fault?  I'm just wondering if there is any logical way they could view their party not at fault.

It's totally her fault for veering into another lane. She was trying to avoid rear-ending the car in front of her, which she would have done if she didn't turn. Her actions caused the accident. You were just driving with a clear lane in front of you. I don't even see how anyone could say you had any fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Accident OCT 13. You have way more damage than I had. They replaced the Headlights, Grill,Bumper, Extension, Wheel Guard, and Paint Protection Ceramic and Film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aseibel said:

It's totally her fault for veering into another lane. She was trying to avoid rear-ending the car in front of her, which she would have done if she didn't turn. Her actions caused the accident. You were just driving with a clear lane in front of you. I don't even see how anyone could say you had any fault.

Lol I am hoping that is the case.  Just trying to play devil's advocate because insurance thinks "outside the box".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rocz3cqg said:

Accident OCT 13. You have way more damage than I had. They replaced the Headlights, Grill,Bumper, Extension, Wheel Guard, and Paint Protection Ceramic and Film.

Hmm.  Well, I hope they've had time to crank out some extra parts....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, M3Master said:

Objectively speaking, does anyone see any way to dispute that the other driver was at fault?  I'm just wondering if there is any logical way they could view their party not at fault.

Although it clearly appears to be her fault I would bet that if she doesn't admit fault her insurance company will not do so either. You may have a battle on your hands. You may have to get your insurance company involved.  Good luck and sorry about your truck. Although it can be fixed there will always be that thought in the back of your mind about what happened, I know, have been there. Hope everything turns out well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, M3Master said:

I totally agree.  And this is what I discussed w/ my Agent.  If there is no traction by maybe Tuesday, then we will initiate the claim with Farmer's and take the hit.   But his advice was to at least give them the chance to own the problem.

 

Objectively speaking, does anyone see any way to dispute that the other driver was at fault?  I'm just wondering if there is any logical way they could view their party not at fault.

 

Well ----- you did hit her so they may work that angle. Try to remember that insurance guys are weasels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of sound advise being given.  I would add that providing the video to law enforecement and them giving her a citation is critical. Then the fault is codified for all. As for your insurance. if they are in agreement that she is at fault clearly, they should not ask you to pony up a cent as they persue the guilty party.  I have USAA and that is how it played out. The citation was the key.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

Which Garmin dash cam are you using?

The Dashcam 45 is what I have in all my cars.  Fairly cheap but decent video quality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RMR said:

Lots of sound advise being given.  I would add that providing the video to law enforecement and them giving her a citation is critical. Then the fault is codified for all. As for your insurance. if they are in agreement that she is at fault clearly, they should not ask you to pony up a cent as they persue the guilty party.  I have USAA and that is how it played out. The citation was the key.

Yea, I don't know if there is any mechanism for her to get a citation at this point.  In Texas I'm supposed to mail in this accident report form but there is no provision to provide any evidence other than a written statement.  I wish the cops would have come out because then it would be more cut and dry.   I just have to hope that a reasonable person will look at the video and realize that they'd probably loose if my insurance company takes them to court over it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, M3Master said:

I called my agent and he advised me to TRY w/ Amica directly first.  Which I have now done...they are reaching out to their insured.  He said that even if Farmer's pays NOTHING out, it is still a tick mark that you were involved in a collision which affects your risk assessment.  So, its definitely better if you don't open a claim...but if you can't get the other party to cooperate in a timely matter, you have no choice if you want your stuff fixed.

 

I would ask to speak to your agents manager to let them know you are finding a new insurance company when this is done, and to ask, why are you paying for this kind of service? They are paid to look out for your best interest, not be lazy because they have some work to do now.

Edited by JimCost2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can argue lots of points and with your video I can't see how anyone could argue that the other driver was not at fault. Obviously she was either going to rear end the other vehicle or cut in front of you she had no other choices because she was not paying attention. Interesting though at the last second she put a turn signal on or it appears to be on. But you don't put your turn signal on when you're already in the other lane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KJS Sullivan said:

I can argue lots of points and with your video I can't see how anyone could argue that the other driver was not at fault. Obviously she was either going to rear end the other vehicle or cut in front of you she had no other choices because she was not paying attention. Interesting though at the last second she put a turn signal on or it appears to be on. But you don't put your turn signal on when you're already in the other lane.

Probably hit the stalk when she swerved into the left lane. Interesting video would have been of her when she realized what was about to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.