Advice on accident w/ 2019 Silverado?

I know a lot of departments here won't respond if it is a non-injury accident. Basically you have to respond to their station to make a report. Here in Ohio, many agencies also have a self report form. I've heard of too many people trying to work a crash out amongst themselves, only to end up getting the run around. I'd suggest going to the PD to see if they'd make a report there, and if not, see if they offer a self report.

6 minutes ago, 99silveradoz71 said:

I know a lot of departments here won't respond if it is a non-injury accident. Basically you have to respond to their station to make a report. Here in Ohio, many agencies also have a self report form. I've heard of too many people trying to work a crash out amongst themselves, only to end up getting the run around. I'd suggest going to the PD to see if they'd make a report there, and if not, see if they offer a self report.

Yes, they direct you to a self report form.  I am asking advice from a buddy who is the assistant chief of police in a neighboring county.  

5 hours ago, M3Master said:

My agent has actually been really nice about this.  I'm sure it's not him that makes the call on how stuff counts against you...its the insurance company.  That said he has been very supportive in handling however I want.   He just recommended the safest way was to give Amica the chance to handle it in full.  If I'm happy w/ the way they handle it, then let them handle it was his advice.,  

I understand he is saying that whether I was at fault or not, a claim is a claim.  And even not at fault claims affect how the parent company assesses risk.  While I understand that, it truly sucks for the customer when they are not at fault.

I guess my point is, if you have a clean driving record, this should not affect you in a negative way. And you pay for their service, let them "bully" the other insurance company, what happens if you do something wrong, say something wrong, you get the point, your insurance is still going to bill you the next month while you are doing all of the work. Just sounds like they would  like you not to use what you pay them monthly for.

So, things finally came together.

• Amica appraiser came out.  Initial damage estimate is 8500.  No structure damage.  No electrical damage.
  • Amica talked w/ their customer.  They have formally accepted liability.
  • They have sent a tow truck to pick up my truck and take it to my shop of choice.
  • They have authorized a truck as a rental.

I'm a bit relieved!  Thanks to everyone for all the input.  Get a dash cam!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, M3Master said:

• Amica appraiser came out.  Initial damage estimate is 8500.  No structure damage.  No electrical damage.
  • They have sent a tow truck to pick up my truck and take it to my shop of choice.

That's great news.  I had a feeling Amica would pony up - they have a good reputation as far as claims go.  Glad things are working out!

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:21 AM, M3Master said:

All, I really appreciate the advice.  I'm just sick that my new truck is damaged.  And of course all the guys at work are telling me "you're screwed...it'll never be the same".  I really appreciate the support.

First rule, never listen to the guys at work. If they are like anywhere I have worked they are drama queens who live to pump you up. Your truck will easily be fixed as good as new. Although costly, it looks like no big deal.

• Like 1

No structural damage equals easy although expensive fix but easy nonetheless. That really means that your trucks should be as good as new if not better than new due to probably not having a poor GM paint job anymore.

Edited by eppieguy
too many typo's due to ipad and me not paying attention
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 1/11/2019 at 4:40 PM, M3Master said:

Glad it worked out for you. Get truck fixed and enjoy truck.