Amazon Can Now Open Your Garage and Deliver Your Package - If You Have This Opener Type

Gorehamj

key amazon garage.png

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
1-11-2019

Hot on the heels of Amazon being able to deliver packages to your trunk, the company can now also open your garage door, place the packages inside, and then close the door.  The trick is the myQ garage door and the Amazon Key App that works on your device - and Amazon's. You also have to be a Prime member of Amazon. The app will also let you know anytime the door is opened and allow you to open and close it from your device. Pretty neat.  

You will need a Chamberlain myQ smart hub , sold for about $80 on Amazon, or a new garage door opener from the company that has that technology already built in.  With Amazon Alexa and Google assistants, many similar functions are already finding ways to make life easier. This seems like a logical next step. Hey, here is a quick brain teaser for our eco-conscious members. Can you identify the thingy hanging between the garage doors and name its brand?  

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2019 at 12:42 PM, The Zip said:

Definitely don't want to give a supposed trusted Amazon employee the ability to open my house.  Not for me, just drop my package off at the door.

Same with me. And I already have a MyQ garage door.

On 1/12/2019 at 11:42 AM, The Zip said:

Definitely don't want to give a supposed trusted Amazon employee the ability to open my house.  Not for me, just drop my package off at the door.

So not somebody that could potentially be held accountable for their actions, vs some rando that makes off with your package and you have no recourse.

On 1/12/2019 at 12:42 PM, The Zip said:

You wouldn't have to worry about that, because chances are the person that is delivering your package to your house isn't an Amazon employee at all, but an even more random contract delivery service.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 4:10 AM, mfennema said:

You wouldn't have to worry about that, because chances are the person that is delivering your package to your house isn't an Amazon employee at all, but an even more random contract delivery service.

Ouch, a subcontractor.  Please allow him access to my house.