AVS Aeroskin Bug deflector

7 minutes ago, EpicLT said:

Hmmm... I like it because I like chrome, but also am unsure about it at the same time. If it was color matched instead of black plastic maybe I’d like it more. What do you all think, would it look tacky?

You could always order this, good ratings and see if you like it all chrome or just the pull handle or take it all off and chock it up to a cheap trial!

Sizver Chrome Tailgate Cover For 2014-2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BLXI4IE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BRqqCbV6HE9PD

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SS502 said:

You could always order this, good ratings and see if you like it all chrome or just the pull handle or take it all off and chock it up to a cheap trial!

Sizver Chrome Tailgate Cover For 2014-2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BLXI4IE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BRqqCbV6HE9PD

Yeah for $15 decent trial I guess. But definitely will not end up permanently using a snap on cover ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EpicLT said:

Yeah for $15 decent trial I guess. But definitely will not end up permanently using a snap on cover ?

I hear you...although I think the “chrome” door handles and mirror caps are just snap on plastic covers ? that are on the trucks...don’t quote me on that but it wouldn’t surprise me lol

Just now, SS502 said:

I hear you...although I think the “chrome” door handles and mirror caps are just snap on plastic covers ? that are on the trucks...don’t quote me on that but it wouldn’t surprise me lol

I know the mirror caps are, but not sure on the door handles. I am sure you’re correct on that too. I don’t want to do the chrome cap on my mirrors because I want to do the DL3 upgrade which sometimes come with the chrome already ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EpicLT said:

I know the mirror caps are, but not sure on the door handles. I am sure you’re correct on that too. I don’t want to do the chrome cap on my mirrors because I want to do the DL3 upgrade which sometimes come with the chrome already ?

Here is a pic off Amazon...it doesn’t look bad to me, at least on the red tailgate...

0C05DFF2-A649-4038-8CDA-42FE44AE5C08.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Here is a pic off Amazon...it doesn’t look bad to me, at least on the red tailgate...

0C05DFF2-A649-4038-8CDA-42FE44AE5C08.png

Hmm I will have to find a picture of a graphite one and hopefully one that I can see the whole tailgate. I want to make sure I can see if it takes over the whole tailgate 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SS502 said:

Well, I did order the hooks but they want $126.00 to install them LOL...think I will just have to break out the creeper and maybe the cutting wheel if I read the removal correctly...

Sawzall get the head off of the bolt well on the Chevy's (the hooks comes with new hardware, because they tell you in the instructions to cut the one on the truck). Look at the hooks while they are still the original ones before they do it, the Chevy mechanic's have a bad habit of not putting back the foam/rigid plastic filler piece back on, because I guess they are lazy? Then you have the opening around the hooks exposed, you will see what I mean when you look at your truck, so make sure you check when they are done, if you go that route.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EpicLT said:

Do you have a picture or link to what you are describing for the tailgate handle? I feel like i would like this idea if what I am thinking is accurate. But I do not want that entire thing to be chrome - a huge chrome chunk in the middle of the tailgate is not my style.

I do, excuse the dirt, windy rainy drive to the coast today. Here are my chrome additions: Sorry for the wacky directions the pictures posted, not sure what the F happened. I bought everything through GMPartsdirect.com.

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

I do, excuse the dirt, windy rainy drive to the coast today. Here are my chrome additions: Sorry for the wacky directions the pictures posted, not sure what the F happened. I bought everything through GMPartsdirect.com.

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

Hummm, funny you have a red and chrome hook! As you know, I ordered chrome but before that I thought about plasti-dip my black ones red! Thought about just two or three coats so it would be a darker red to match the GMC on my grill...now I’m thinking I may just do that and save the chrome ones for a rainy day. I like that...matches your Z71 ?

Edited by SS502

42 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Hummm, funny younhave a red and chrome hook! As you know, I ordered chrome but before that I thought about plasti-dip my black ones red! Thought about just two or three coats so it would be a darker red to match the GMC on my grill...now I’m thinking I may just do that and save the chrome ones for a rainy day. I like that...matches your Z71 ?

Thanks, we think alike (kind of scary thought), bought the red ones for my 16, after I had already put the chrome ones on (I kind of have a theme going). They were just sitting in the garage (no return because they are a special order) and I had to put the foam pieces back on that the dealer lost, so great time to use them. They are just the factory GM red line tow hooks, paint quality is not too bad, around same price as the chrome ones.

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 5:05 PM, dieselfan1 said:

I installed the color matched Aeroskin of on my black truck this afternoon. Pretty happy with it. The 3M tape sticks like a bastard so you better take your time and get it where you want it because it's not coming off. I'll do my silver truck in the next day or two.

15475933965871971218065605365038.jpg

I did my silver truck today. I don't like the little rubber label that's on it.

I removed it on the black truck no problem and on this one when I peeled it off it took a little paint with it.  I heated it up and restuck it. So if you peel it be careful.

15480386732424865038920568619390.jpg