20 hours ago, AJMBLAZER said:

A 40 series is NOT quiet. Someone was messing with you. 

LOL I was wondering about this myself.

I don't know enough about exhaust tuning in general so I wasn't going to comment but I had a FM40 on my MY04 Tahoe and it was not at all quiet and had a lot of drone.

It’s about the loudest they have except for a full-on race muffler. 

Look around on YouTube. Lots of 5.3 exhaust vids on there. See what you like. 

If my muffler ever bites it I’m replacing it with a 3” stainless 26” Jones muffler. Straight through for the most flow but long so not loud and barky. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just put a 40 series on my truck and it's still pretty quiet.  Much quieter than you think it would be.  It has a nice low rumble and sounds like it should have from the factory.  I have even already towed with it and there is zero drone!  Really happy I decided to go with the 40 over the super 44.

Edited by ZL1_MATT
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ZL1_MATT said:

I just put a 40 series on my truck and it's still pretty quiet.  Much quieter than you think it would be.  It has a nice low rumble and sounds like it should have from the factory.  I have even already towed with it and there is zero drone!  Really happy I decided to go with the 40 over the super 44.

Did you leave the flappers and resonaters and just swap out the muffler? Thats probably whil im going to end up doing.

28 minutes ago, RJVB3 said:

Did you leave the flappers and resonaters and just swap out the muffler? Thats probably whil im going to end up doing.

I swapped out the muffler and the little mechanical valve just in front of the muffler. 

• 2 weeks later...
Is that all you did was the muffler n the valve, you didn't change the exhaust pipes at all
That's all I am going to do. Going to see how the 14" and 18" flowmaster FX sound and go from there. Exhaust guy said the 14" wouldn't be that loud but I want to make sure .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:10 PM, JR09country said:

That's all I am going to do. Going to see how the 14" and 18" flowmaster FX sound and go from there. Exhaust guy said the 14" wouldn't be that loud but I want to make sure .

So how are you going to find out how the 14 n 18 sounds, do they vehicles there that have that muffler on 

So how are you going to find out how the 14 n 18 sounds, do they vehicles there that have that muffler on 

Exhaust guy is going to mock both of them up. Not sure how he is going to do it with the length difference but I'll leave that up to him. Since they won't be fully welded on there will be some exhaust leak but I should be able to tell the difference between the two.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a short clip of a warm startup with the 14" flowmaster FX. I left the flap and the screen resonators on.

No drone at all and I can not hear the DFM switching on.

https://youtu.be/bff7uXkW-_k

ed2ad73c1868a3b733e8f90efc79c14a.jpg